Labradors Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 16 week puppy who is destroying our grass by weeing on it. I have bought some pills from the Pet shop but was wondering if anyone has any remedies

R

·
0 Posts
Hi ! Sorry no advice from me. I didn't know there were pills available. I thought grass burn was one of the things that came as a package when you have a dog. I'm sure someone will be along to give you some help soon. :)

M

·
0 Posts
I think its mainly the girlies rather than the boys. I wouldnt worry about burnt grass, I would worry more when she starts digging holes in it lol! At the moment Marley is trying to dig up the base of my washing line every time he goes in the garden!

R

·
0 Posts
Yup! You know that little hole that they all dug at the puppy party . Well...

I can now see Australia :lol: :lol:

Bethx

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Some swear by adding tomato juice or sauce (can't remember which one!) in their food. From reviews I've read on here of things, such as Greenums which are supposed to stop grass burn, I wouldn't bother buying anything.

I've never found anything to stop it, other than keeping a watering can handy and washing it down after they pee.

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
I found that covering the grass burn patches will soil and planting grass seed worked over a few weeks while the weather was sun and some light rain. (I had a mole in the garden at the time so soil was in ready supply!

I've also used Lawn Spray made especially for dealing with burnt bits. Which if you spray on ASAP colours the grass green but does help it recover. I don't fancy putting stuff inside Luna to stop her urine burning the grass but that's my personal preference because really I figure it's part and parcel of having a bitch! I just bought the spray for my parents who are rather more garden-proud than me!

?

·
0 Posts
Karen said:
I've never found anything to stop it, other than keeping a watering can handy and washing it down after they pee.
That's the only thing I know which works to some degree too.

Yup! You know that little hole that they all dug at the puppy party . Well...

I can now see Australia :lol: :lol:
Looks like it's a family trait then, as Pickle is redesigning my lawn too. :wink: :lol: :lol:

M

·
0 Posts
I think Marley has run out of stones in the flower beds, so is now looking to the grass for a fresh supply and of course that shiny metal thing just below the surface looks very exciting!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think just following them around with a watering can would do the trick!!! Jess however seems to green up the grss so I think I might start bottling it and flogging it!!! lol

·
Registered
322 Posts
The best way to deal with this is to completely forget about it! It really isn't worth the stress and I definitely wouldn't be trying to change their diet by giving pills or using things like dog rocks.

Once you get that "couldn't care less" attitude to yellow patches on your lawn you won't even see them. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts