Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

After searching through some lost and found databases today, i've come to realise just how many pets there are that are lost/found, which let to me & hubby discussing new ways to prevent pets from going missing.

Anyway, Dave suggested a GPS tracking collar which we didn't think actually existed - but they do!

Do you know you can get GPS tracking collars or tracking 'backpacks'.

I haven't looked into prices or where they are made, they do look really good!

I've taken these images from this site:

http://www.environmental-studies.de/products/Dog-Tracking/dog-tracking.html

Firstly, the collar:

And also the backpack:

The tracking device works by calling the telephone number of the GPS PRO Dog collar with your handy /mobile phone /cell phone. The GPS receiver of the collar, estimates the position of the dog and sends the coordinates immediately as SMS (Short Message service) over the Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM) directly on your mobile phone display.

Perhaps we will see these devices in our local PetsAtHome stores or local pet shops in time to come.

What do you think?

Good idea?

Julie

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Yes I'd heard about these. Our neighbour was saying they are in the US and also mobile phone devices of some sort for dogs (which I think was mentioned on the old site a while ago.)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Although I would be good if your dog got genuinely lost it would be hopeless if your dog was napped as it would just be taken off, what we need is a gps reciver that could be injected like a microchip, we've got a bit of a wait i think.
Anna

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
That Anna is a brill idea....

Although I heard a horror story the other night of a napper ' digging ' the chip out ! 8O
Thankfully the dog survived.but I guess more luck than judgement

1 - 4 of 4 Posts