Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking yesterday how we hadn't had any of our lovely labs pass over to the bridge at Christmas this year.
But I have just found out my beloved Herbie was PTS yesterday :cry:

Herbie was 16 or 18 years (depending on rescue or vets estimate) on December 10th so was a fine age and I am honoured to have shared his life.

Herbie, I love you and will miss you greatly. I will never ever forget all of our long walks together over the years.
The day you came 14 years ago you brought me tears of happiness as my long awaited black lab pal, today there are both tears of sadness that I won't see you again and happiness at the long and healthy life you led.

When I left to travel overseas in 2004 I said a big goodbye fearing it might be our last, but you waited. Then in 2006 we moved abroad and again we said our big goodbye, but you waited, until I visited in 2007 and then some more until I came home again this year.
I am so sorry I wasn't with you to say goodbye, I should have been and could have been - but I didn't know :cry:

Basil would like to send a big thank you to his 'Uncle' Herbs - your wanderlust, car stress, pulling on the leash, fear at the vets - all things we loved you through Herbie but all things Basil has never had to go through because of the lessons you and I learned together.

Never has it been more appropriate to say to a dog to 'run free' at the bridge. I just know you will absolutely love it there....

Goodbye Herbie-derbs my little duggy dog, find Toby and wait for me one last time
xxx

·
Registered
411 Posts
Oh Sarah, that's so sad. What a wonderfully long life Herbie had and I'm sure he was just as pleased to share part of it with you as you were with him.

Run free Herbie

·
Registered
348 Posts
:cry: so sorry to read this,,, it is so so hard to lose part of your family ,,espeically this time of year ,, my thoughts are with you ,, run free sweet boy , xx

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
big hugs sarah.

i'm sure you're giving basil extra hugs today

run free herbie
x

1 - 20 of 38 Posts