Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant wait to see the back of 2008, apart from moving to Devon it been a poop year.
to name just a few
We had the car smashed up twice
house windows smashed
house broken into too
and of course the worst of it was loosing my wonderful little man Puds

Roll on 2009, it has to be a good year

Happy new year to you all, i hope it brings you all you wish for!

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
I`m with you on the poop year Den, what with the fire late last year and having to wait an eternity to get my house and furbabies back, then the news that my car is on its last legs and needs repalceing.

Next year I want to get a job and have a much brighter outlook on whats left of my future :D

Happy New Year to you, Phil and your lovely gang of pups and kitties, I wish all good things for you next year :D

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Yes, we too are hoping that 2009 will be a step up from what 2008 was.

2008 did have some good points, such as my parents' Golden Wedding Anniversary, but overall it was a year of depressing job and financial uncertainty and generall stress.

I hope things can only get better for you, Den, as you went through so much. Lets raise a glass to a better 2009, shall we. :wink: :D

Helen.

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
2008 started off hidiously and then just got better and better until it exploded into being one of the best years of my life!!!!

I have great hopes for 2009 and lots of exciting things to look forward too - bring it on!!!!

Hope 2009 is a wonderful year for all of you and your dogs,

Becs and The Gang

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Here's to a great 2009 Den.

Losing a pup is the hardest thing ever, anything else we can cope with so here's to Pud's memory forever.

Happy New Year.

?

·
0 Posts
I'm with you there Den..... 2008 started off with us losing our beloved Tara only 2 days in and it was an Up and Down year all year after that. :(

I'm wishing for a more stable 2009, with no nasty surprises please. :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
I really hope you have a better year n 2009 Den, if anyone deserves it, t is you and Phil.

Have a good one. Love from Jayne, Katie, Suzie and Jenny the puddy cat

·
Registered
908 Posts
Im agreed on the popp year. What with us having moved 3 times this year, a raid on our house 2 days after we moved (they were after the old tennants btw!!) , OH losing his job and now hes sick. Oh and i haven't seen my gorgeous white cat for 24hrs so i think shes lost or something :cry:
2009 BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Den,

Every now and then there seems to be a 'bad' year - and 2008 was certainly one of those for us and close family.

Let's hope that next year will be a really good one for us all, fingers crossed!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

Sue

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Aww Den you have had a rotten year - hope 2009 is everything that 2008 wasn;t.

As someone else has said - lets raise a glass to the New Year!!!!

Happy New Year Everybody!

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
2008 hasn't been a bad year for me all in all - not winning the lottery made it a bad year though :lol:

Here's to enjoying every day of the rest of our lives...no use wishing it better when it could all be gone in a heartbeat, hey?

Happy New Year all xx

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
here here den, zak has had the worse 2008, but with the new drugs we have put him on we are hopeing for a much better time for him in 2009, and i have just read somewhere that 2009 is being predicted as one of the warmest on record,
so HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE....... raises glass of malt whiskey and takes big slug :eek:ccasion5:

sheila and zak

C

·
0 Posts
I'm with you there.

I had a crappy 2008 as did a lot of people i care about. Gemma my beloved lab passed away in march, then in the summer 2 of my best friends children ( and her ex husband) were killed in a car crash and her youngest seriously injured. Her son had decided at the last min he didn't want to go to duxford so stayed at his nans, A decision that probably saved his life.

Be glad when 2008 is gone!!!

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'm with you on the crappy 2008. I have never been so glad to see the back of a year...

We lost our baby son in March and then OH lost his job in September.
2009 promises to be better - baby due in a few weeks and fingers crossed that OH finds a job soon.

Hugs to all those who had a rubbish year especially those who lost loved ones (including doggies of course) and hope that this is a better year for you xx

1 - 20 of 20 Posts