Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

We went to visit a friend the other day, she has a lab called buster who is my dog Bens best bud. She had recently got a 3 month old kitten,and was putting his new collar on when we arrived, it had one of those special magnets that allows the cat to go in and out the cat flap and stops unwanted cats getting in. Well we left the house and had a quick walk around the field. But when we got back we could not find the kitten! :? He had not gone out, as the cat flap was locked, so we searched the house, after a while we could hear the dogs barking in the kitchen so we went to investigate. When we got there we found the dogs sniffing at the side of the fridge,when we looked around we found poor whiskey stuck to the fridge :lol: He was so small he could'nt free himself, he must have been there for 2hrs at least , he looked a bit niffed but other wise fine. If it wasn't for the dogs he could have been there for ages, but it was funny :lol: Poor Whiskey!!!

Cristina & Ben

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Cristina

Glad the good old labbies saved the day! I must admit that I always thought those magnetic things were a good idea but I never thought of the poor things getting attached to things like fridges!

Well done doggies!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
LOL..awwww the poor cat..lol..
rosze at the moment wants to keep playing with my 3 cats she seems to think they can rough and tumble like her and trys to dive on them at every oppertunity she has had loads of slaps from the cats..lol..but as a 7month old pup and new to our home she has yet to learn..lol but she does try to escape out the cat flap..lol

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ben my lab has lived with our cat now since he was 8 weeks (now 7 mths) and he still has not learnt that cats have claws! Sophie my cat hits him when she has had enough of him bouncing at her and he just stands there and does'nt even move (stupid dog) Needless to say he has a few scratches across his nose at the moment ( and a few across his bottom :lol: ) But like they say No sense No feeling! :D

Cristina

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hi
As you say some dogs never learn about cats. But I must say be very careful of the cat's claws especially around the head because of the eyes.I once saw two cases one a cocker spaniel and another a labrador who both lost an eye because of a cat scratch, it can cause so many problems,ie infections and scaring. So be extemely careful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts