Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Poppy loves any games involving food! Hunt the biscuit, filled Kongs or Buster cube. She loves learning new tricks with the clicker and offers behaviour after behaviour to earn a click. I do play chase games with her but only after the cue 'I'm gonna GET you'. I don't chase her if she has anything I actually want. She enjoys 'fetch' but only up to a point, she won't go on forever like a collie might. She likes 'gundoggy' games like a hidden retrieve or if I drop a ball unseen on a walk then send her back for it. We've got those wooden puzzles for dogs, dominoes, roulette and the pegs. She likes them cos it involves food. She loves tuggy games but will give instantly when I say. I never, ever throw a stick for her, I've seen the damage that can do.

G

·
I play follow the food.This is where there is a trail of food on the floor.I play this so I can guide him into the house.I also play chase with him. :multi:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Thanks for the link Julie - some good tips there.

Smudge loves to play Fetch, but I just have a bit of trouble getting him to drop what he has retrieved for me to throw it again! I find that if I ignore him until he drops it, that seems to work!

He seems to love playing with all his toys in turn - they're everywhere! I love it when I get him a new one and he just spends ages getting to know it - he looks so gorgeous when he's running around and having fun!

I'm introducing him to the delights of Kongs as well. I've got the Bananarama recipe freezing as I type! Can't wait to see him get that later. He also loves his Buster Cube, though it is very noisy as he always ends up losing it under tables etc or launching it against the skirting boards and walls! He seems to love it though and I take solace in the fact that he's having a good play and using up some energy!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
max's favorite? football! we have quite a big garden and he will chase his football round for ages. being a lab he is excellent at dribbling :lol: he quite often gets a yellow card for trying to do a "vinnie jones" and has been known to get a red card for "fouling" :oops: on the pitch!
he also loves his frisbee or fizzy as its more well known as! he now brings it back nicely for me instead of sitting in the middle of the garden chewing it. :razz:
woofs and wags to all.

jane and max.

·
Registered
173 Posts
:lol: too funny Jane!

The girls love to play fetch but if they're together it quickly turns into a game of keep away amongst themselves. :x

Indoors we play hide and seek with a toy a lot. Edie's funny because she'll go to every spot where she's found it in the past before she'll start really looking. As the game progresses Emma beats her to it quite a bit because Edie's too busy methodically checking everywhere it's been before.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Molly's favorite game is to pinch our girls dolls from their pushchairs / prams when they're playing and run like mad with 3 kids trying to retreive their "babies" .... I beginning to wonder who the better retrievers are; our girls or the lab!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts