Labradors Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fello lurkers

I have found the best book for me to buy on Labradors is The Ultimate

Labrador Retriever by Heather Wiles-Fones.

It has helped me with certain things even before I found out about this site
Whats other peoples opinions on the different books available.... :)

Colette

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Aside from reference books, a great read is ' The Last Family in England ' by Matt Haig.................

Funny, moving true story of Prince the black Lab who narrates the story............... a must for all Lab lovers whatever their colour

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
I'm glad you've recommended that book Rhoni - my mum has bought it me to read on holiday :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
I just got a book called Beyond Fetch - fun and interactive activities for you and your dog. by Dr Caroline Coile which has got some great doggy party games and things to help you bond!

Anna

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Fay................

Very cleverly, down to earth, moving book.....be interested on your thoughts of it after your hols

All dog lovers would enjoy the read but I feel only Lab lovers would truely appreciate the antics of Prince..............knowing theirs do the same !

S

·
0 Posts
Rhoni I bought that book for my mother not long after my parents had to have their last lab put to sleep last year who was also called Prince.

Mother then gave it to me to read - I got half way through it and was chatting to her about it on the phone one night she told me not to finish it and it has sat half read on my bedside table ever since. Can't explain why on here as it will ruin it for others! From what I have read though its a great book :)

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Cozwaz,

Yeah fully understand what your mum said.................but as you say a super book.

Maybe one day you will finish it !

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I have got the book Puppy Training The Guide Dog Way, it's very interesting but the day Buster pulled me into a lampost I realised he would never make the grade :lol:

Kev

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
not labrador specific, but great for understanding what makes a dog tick.
The Culture Clash - Jean Donaldson and Don't Shoot the Dog - Karen Pryor.

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Another good set of books is those by John Fisher.

Sadly he died and his widow finished the last one... but great books for ' thinking dog '

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
I must add our very own member's book on here written by John aka Marsupial.

"Shakespeare My Butt!" is highly recommended for lab owners, and it's had me laughing my head off at the antics of his lab Barney, which I can relate to with Corbie!

The '10 Commandments of Dog' in the book should be installed into every new puppy owner from how to treat Dinner time to what to do at Walkies so you know how to put your new dog in the correct place in the pecking order :wink:

It's on sale in the Lab Forums Furbabies shop (is that back online since the crash?).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts