Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m a long time lurker and reader on here, trying to get to know as much as I can about the lab breed before our new arrival came home last week. Boris is now 9 weeks and has been gone with us for a week. He is brilliant and apart from the odd wee accident because I haven’t seen his cues toilet training is going well.
However, every now and then Boris will go into his crate to wee? This is during the day and I’m sure he hasn’t given me another cue before choosing to go to his crate. I’ve been closing the door to prevent him from doing it but i opened it again today. It was really lovely to see him chose to go into it for a rest and be so happy in there but later on I saw him go in for a wee.
Has anyone else ever had this? I’d love to understand so I can try and help him. For now I thought I’d close it again until we have mastered toilet training but it seems a shame to not give him the space he obviously enjoys spending time in. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated!

·
Administrator
20,704 Posts
One reason could be that dogs tend to go where they have been before, so it's essential to get rid of all scent. There are sprays available in pet shops for cleaning and removal of scent, but biological wash works just as well. Mix up some biological washing powder with water and keep it in a bottle ready for use, thoroughly cleaning the whole area where he has urinated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts