Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone can help give me a little more information
We have a 3 y o choc bitch whom we bought with at that time very little lab breed knowledge as a 2 year old apparently 'failed' gun dog although with hindsight I think that may have been a little whitewashed and it may have been her now apparent significant hip and patella problems. Anyhow, I digress and she was not bought from her breeder and so I don't know anything about that side of things other than the KC info

We have the most wonderful girl and I am interested in finding out a little about her heritage if possible. She is KC registered Goadream Toddy's girl

Sire: Pinzels Toddy Squire
Dam: Goadream Queen

There seem to be quite a few siblings on both sides under the goadream prefix but when I have tried searching for any images or info I can't turn anything up and would be interested to find out more.

Also she has a breeding endorsement on her KC which none of her siblings seem to have. We had her spayed as soon as we got her but she had bred a litter which I was told was accidental before we got her. As I don't know a lot about the KC passport system would the breeder have put this endorsement on the passport and if so why only on one pup? If not, would it have been the people who sold her to me? I have tried to contact them again but had no further information

We love Smudge dearly and I am just looking for more information to find out what if anything any of her family members are like and to know a bit more about the endorsement thing.

Any information or where to look would be great.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
I can't help with either enquiries but have edited your title to hopefully attract more interest!

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts
I've been able to find 2 litters to that combination of parents. A litter of 3 pups born May 2010 and a litter of 5 pups born April 2012. I'm not sure how you were able to establish that none of her siblings have breeding endorsements on their registration unless you've actually spoken to either the breeder or current owners of the pups. Only the breeder can place the endorsement.

I can give you the names of some of the other dogs in her pedigree if you want them. As for images of siblings etc you're only likely to find them if the dogs in question are used for showing or working and have done something to warrant having their photo taken and published.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for that.
As I can see my breeding endorsement on the website under Smudge's details I assumed that it was open information.
I can see the other litters from that mating but also that her grand dam Kenmilquin Trimmer had numerous litters under the goadream prefix which made me wonder if it was a kennel or stud that somebody might know or have a pup from.

Thank you both for your help and for replying

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have only just seen this, I cant believe I've found a relative! If you get this message I'd love you to email me as I dont get alerts from this site.

My email is beckyroberts @ doctors . org . uk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts