Labradors Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Glucosamine harmful to labs?
We have some that was supposed to be for the horse, and it worked wonders, is there similar available for dogs?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Coal has Glucosamine, MSM and Chondrotin tablets by Natures Aid (a human brand) and he has one a day. He had a knee op when he was about 18 months old.
1 tablet has
500mg glu
500mg MSM
100mg chon

hope that helps. He also has salmon oil tablets

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
We use Synflex here, which is liquid glucosamine. I think it's the best one we've tried (and we've tried quite a few different products over the years). It was recommended by other dog owners.

I buy it from here: http://www.synflexforpets.co.uk/ - it is a human grade product but there's a human version too now which has an ingredient you're not meant to give pets (though I didn't realise the first time and no ill effects thankfully!).

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
i'm lucky that coal eats tablets in his food with no issue otherwise we'd prob be using a supplement like above.

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
ooh jointaid, nice to hear that recommended. I have some freebie bags in the dog cupboard....keep meaning to read up on it more as I'm thinking of it as a preventatie supplement (can't do any harm can it?)

I do worry about agility with Basil, i'd hate to find out later i've done some harm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts