Labradors Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I am new here. I am planning on getting a labrador puppy soon. I have always had dogs in my life, but they have always been girls. I have decided I want a labrador & have decided I would like a boy as it will be a nice change as I always had girls. My only worry is when I tell people that I am getting a boy labrador they say you dont want to get a boy they will hump people & everything even if they have been done. I still have my heart set on getting a boy labrador but I would like to have everyones experiences on their boy labs. I am so excited the litter is due next week, I cant wait for me & my family to see them!

G

·
Hello and welcome to LF!

Well I can only speak from my (very limited) experience!

Rueben (who is 7 and a half months) has never ever tried to 'hump' a person........ yet!!!

He did have a teddy which he used to 'love' but he chewed it to bits so we removed it. Since then he's not tried to 'hump' anything, he's with other dogs a lot when we visit family and on our walks and he's as good as gold!

Looking forward to seeing lots of pics of your lovely boy when you get him!

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Max is ten and a half, neutered at just under a year and he's never tried to hump a person since we've had him.

Minnie-Moo did a bit of person-humping as a young pup but now just concentrates on her lovely older brother Max :D

I've met a lot of male Labs and I don't recall one ever trying to hump me!

And boy dogs are very affectionate too, in case people try to tell you they're not :D

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I have four boys, three neutered and one who will be neutered once he matures - none of them have ever humped people, before or after neutering! Chief spent a few weeks humping Yorkie when he got overexcited, but it soon stopped once he was neutered.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Every dog is different - I've got four girls and one dog - my worst humper is a GIRL - she's terrible :lol: (the only reason she isn't doing it atm I suspect is because her belly is too big :lol: )

My boy OTOH was more interested in sharing his toys than humping when face to face with two in season bitches :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
our lab used to hump his teddy however this was when he was a tiny puppy, but like the 2nd post here he detroyed it, it got binned and he has never done anything like....... its all a myth\in the head and in my opinion not related to any one breed in particuler. Male dogs all the way for me and this is all in my honest opinion (bigger & friendlier) go for your male dog you wont regret it ;o)

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
My last two Labs have been boys,(After growing up with a Mum who used to breed Labs). I did not want to go that way.

I wanted a pet. Male, or female. Labs are Labs

Hard work when they are young. And they are young until about 5 years old. Could be more.

You need to keep the dog learning new things.

Its hard going at times,. But so worth it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have a boy, when we brought him home he humped everyone in the family for a minute or two and that was the end of that,no problems with humping people who visit, he is now 21 weeks old and occasionally he will hump his old bed(which is very soft) but we take no notice it doesn't bother us at all.

I have already decided when i have my other labrador it will also be a boy.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Well i;ve had a girl and she was a terrible humper, constantly she did and it was anything her bed, bears but not humans.

I know have a boy who is the most loving little guy ever..so i would say go for what you want.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Before we went to choose our puppy we had decided we would get a boy......and ended up choosing the only yellow female available, our Bailey :D

She liked to hump a beanbag when she was younger, and sometimes hump her bed :lol:

So, by the sounds of all the replies given it doesn't really matter if it's girl or boy, your lab may still decide to hump, or it may not :wink:

Good luck with whatever sex you decide to choose, and post some pics of your new pup too :D :D

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Try and keep an open mind when you go and see the litter; 9/10 you'll have something set in your mind but oftentimes the puppy chooses you, not the other way round!

I was reading through everyone else's replies and hoping I'd come to someone else who confessed to their dog trying to hump the cat but so far... I guess it's just Rosie :lol:

She will try and hump our Lewis, but usually after a swift scratch to her nose she'll curb her urges and go hump her bed instead.

I do wish she wouldn't try and hump Lewis; but in all honesty she doesn't try and hump anything that often and she's not hugely persistent with it.

Try not to worry about people who's first response to your news is to say "Oh you really don't wanna do that...."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts