Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i am happy 2 announce that ginger is definately improving. her biting frequence has come down considerably and even her bites have become much milder. the trainer says in another 30-45 days u should see a totaly different ginger hope so *fingers crossed* . also i would like to welcome my self back to this forum as i guess coz of that hdd crash my a/c was lost. btw vidhya ginger has that same orange hedgehog squeaky and she loves it . i know i would get lot of raised eye brows for this but one day ginger was being the devil incarnate. this was last week . some guests had come over and she ran into the room and wouldnt leave she was biting everone including the guests and made me and mother bleed. i took her to my room where she started biting again . that day my patience just went out the door and i slapped her 3 times :oops: :( and not those oh u r so cute slaps more like ill kill you , you #$*#U$# type slaps. it was 2 days after that day i am seeing ginger actually behaving herself. she is not scared of me or anyone but simply put being a better puppy. i dont mind her doing naughty stuff like today she peed on her fav bean bag, all i said was "no bad ginger". anyways i know its wrong to hit puppies but that day the way ginger was doing i bet even gandhi would have done the same :lol: . in anycase its been almost a week and ginger seems to be turning into a nice girl. i have only 4 bite marks in my hand :lol: not 40 as i normally did.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi anando, Bridget had the same problem, and I didn't knew what to do to stop her biting our hands. I never hit her, as I think it's not a good way to solve this problem, but suddenly the problem was solved since we brought Lucy, a mongrel puppy to our home. Overnight Bridget started acting as if Lucy was her puppy, and stopped biting us. I can't explain what went through her mind, but all I know is that she became much more mature and well behaved, even only being 5 months old. But now we have another problem, Lucy. Bridget never used to bite anything, except our hands, but Lucy is the opposite. Our hands are free of marks now, but she wants to bite anything she finds in her way, like shoes, socks, walls, wooden gates, etc. All the toys are not enough for her appetite... lol. Regards,

Labrazil.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol i am gettin to that point now...her biting my hand is decreasing..her biting everday damn thing else is on the rise. i know its not good 2 hit a cute lil puppy but that single day everythin went over my head. i was pissd beyond belief.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Anando,

Welcome back... :D

Glad to hear that Ginger is starting to inprove.. :D I won't mention about the slaping as you probably already know (should not do it). :D

I hope the trainer continues to help sort out gingers problems, and keep up the good work anando most people would have probably given up on her by now, specially given that you had to have her from 2-3 weeks old(?). Finger crossed it is all sorted soon :wink:

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi anando...

Welcome back...

This is good news that ginger is changing... we knew with training there wud be improvement....I'm really happy.....

Regards

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi Anando

I'm glad to hear Ginger is improving,won't be long now before she stops the biting all together.I realise she has put you through the mill and your patience must be running out but try to control yourself and don't slap her she's still a baby.You have done a good job taking on a puppy so young,well done for that and keep up the good work :)

Kev

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Anando

Welcome back to Lab Forums!

I am so pleased to hear that Ginger is improving and that things are working out better for you now. I know that you have had a difficult time but it sounds like you are on the right tracks now and you will have a loving, faithful companion at the end of it all. You know it was wrong to slap her, so just put that behind you and continue with the excellent work you are doing.

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ehh thx all...for the support. ya i had had horrible days but now its getting better little by little. My patience pool is filling up again as she does lot of naughty stuff but not TOO much biting. the trainer also says she is improving and in 30 days i should see a totally changed puppy. so fingers crossed and thx for all the help, without u guys it would have been so much more tougher.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi Anando

Nice pic of Ginger!

Looks like you are getting there now :) .Please keep us informed of her progress.

Kev

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
HI anando...

Thats a real cute pic of ginger....you must post some more....Btw me & frodo wud be in Gurgaon for 2 months :? .....maybe ginger & frodo cud be freinds lolz....

Regards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts