Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want a friend for Tatze (yellow lab) probably when she is about four. I have been very careful about introducing the idea to Mr Boogs as he's not too keen. He said 'no more!' at one stage.

After she is spayed in March I am considering applying to be a guide dog puppy walker, but this is still very much at the discussion umming and ahhing stage.

My son is home for the weekend and we were talking about it. He wants a yellow lab called Oscar (even has the name - hehe!) Mr Boogs said 'we're not having another at the same time as a guide dog pup' so I replied - 'no, no, when Tatze is about four years old.'

He nodded!!

I said nothing else but I bounced up and down internally - woo hoo!

:blob7:

I can wait - we waited seven years for the time to be right to get Tatze and I love her soooo much. Her season is going well. Her lady flower looks like a baboon's bottom, but she's keeping very clean :) I go in for laser eye surgery tomorrow so no swimming either - cabin fever X2!!

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Lol they all cave in eventually. How do u think I managed to get 3 ;) gentle persuasion. And bargaining :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
I was told "no, absolutely not, the house is too small..." etc etc

We picked Dexter up 2 weeks ago :wink:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I'm trying for a flat coat pup. The tap has just started to drip here but fingers crossed by the time I've done all the research OH might be ready to cave in.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Well done Boogs :)

My hubby wasn't sure when I said I want another but eventually we've got Shelby (we've been a foster home for few months for a chocolate lab before he agreed on her ;) ) and now I'm thinking about 3rd .... :lol: At first it was "NO" but now is: "... well not now as we need a bigger car" :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,456 Posts
One of many advantages of living on my own, I can have as many dogs as I like :lol:

Good luck with the laser surgery tomorrow x

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
I've got the go ahead as long as it is a type of dog that he wants (another Lab). I'm actually quite keen on having a Border Terrier. I don't object to having another small Lab if I can find the right one but a BT would be more manageable size-wise for both my daughter and myself.

So the tap is still dripping here too, unless the right dog finds me first.

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
My hubby wasn't keen on a second dog when I started contemplating one when Ruby was about 2. I started doing all the research and only involved him when I could answer all his inevitable questions. The key for me was to not let him have too long to think about it as it is then that he would find reasons to not have one!

It was definitely me who was keener on a second dog than him but not now, 2 years on, if I ask him do you think we did the right thing he says he wouldn't be without Bella now!

Good luck

Chloe

·
Registered
551 Posts
Dripping tap?! :eek: Deluge, more like!

I "informed" hubby that we were getting a second dog when Pepper is 4 even before she arrived! Although, I only just informed my parents the other day! (Dad's witty reply was something like "good idea as you don't want them both in uni at the same time" <rolls eyes>)

Maybe we'll have puppies at the same time again?!

Hannah & Pepper xx

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I still wonder how I managed to end up with three. I do really want another lab; I'd quite like to take an oldie in, but hubby says the time isn't right and with Pepi being funny with dogs he doesn't know I'm not sure it's fair on the oldie!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts