Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve not been on much recently, been busy with Christmas and sorting other bits, but thought i would give a quick update on George.

He is now 2 and 1 month old and the same old cliche with all labs still thinks he’s a few months old!

Still bum tucks around everywhere after a walk, still wants to play with his tug and ball. Never quite cracked the returning the ball back to us though, he kind of like tosses it towards us then does his little play snapping asking us to throw it back. Sometimes we’ll go to the ball and he’ll grab it up before us and trot off very pleased with himself.

He also see’s himself as some sort of master criminal, as sometimes whilst we’re watching tv sneak round slowly steal slippers on the sly and when he has them give us a cheeky look and then run off, great game obviously!

He’s now almost perfect on a lead, will walk calmly alongside no pulling unless he decides to say hello to other dogs. This is something i would encourage people not to give up on, it took me a year since he was allowed out stopping and starting etc to crack it. But now he understands my pace on the lead and if its tight he doesn’t go anywhere, so he’s used to walking nicely.

Walks in general are ‘okay’ he doesn’t really run off unless he smells a bird he fancies eating and then conveniently goes deaf. Its something i’m keen to work on and might go back to scratch on the total recall book and whistle. But then i think would even the muscle memory of months training recall call him away from a ‘tasty’ bird or fish?

These little naughty spells seemed to have increased since his 2nd birthday, is that normal or him trying it on and us cracking down again on being strict with him?

One thing that does make me a little sad is that he is not less keen on other dogs.. he’s never been attacked thank god or really had a nasty experience but he certainly gets plenty who bark at him or generally bad tempered. So he seems less interested, you can tell he would love nothing more than a runny friend to chase around with, but all dogs round here are grumpy and on stupid extendable leads. I wouldn’t say he is scared of other dogs just wary, always done his lye flat to the group stalky sheep dog thing when seeing other dogs, even when a little pup, perhaps he’s too much of a softy, he grumbles if i run on concrete and goes on the grass! :lol:

Oh he does like the cold water from the hose! :roll: even a dribble and its apparently acid on his paws! Warm soapy water is fine, thats not acid but cold water. Get.that.off.me! Told you he was soft.

Anyway enough with my rabbiting, we’re proud off him and he’s a very loving dog and certainly a character, here are a few pictures from the last year including his first trip to the beach!

·
Premium Member
17,438 Posts
Oh he is a lovely boy! We need a Georgey GT :D :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
He sounds just like my Homer, especially with sneaking a sock or slipper then coming to show you to start a game of chase and a treat as it's the only way to get him to drop what he has picked up. He also hates cold water from the hose but will jump into the river in all weather.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts