Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was, sitting in the bathroom (the Loo?) doing some very serious thinking when Jack strolls in, puts his nose under my hand and wants to be petted. So I put both hands in front of my face. He puts his nose under my hands to open them. So I pivot my hands so they are now in front of my ears and say PEEK-A-BOO in a high pitched voice. Jack responds by butt-tucking out of the bathroom, down the hall, into the living room, up on and off the couch, back up the hall into the bathroom where he bounces off the wall and ends up sitting in front of me. Misty comes in all smiles and is watching me make a fool of myself. She sits off to the side and pants, a big smile on her face.

I close my hands, he barks a high pitch bark, puts his nose under my hands to pry them open, I open my hands and say PEEK-A-BOO and he is off again. Wife is not amused to have a 95 pound, six year old unguided Labradork careening about her house. SO when he comes back all he does is bark because he wants to play Peek-A-boo again.

Wife is gone out for the evening. So I am watching the telly, both labs on the floor next to me. I lean over the edge of the couch and put my hands in front of my face, open my hands and say PEEK-A-BOO in a high pitched voice. Jack springs up in the air, does a full 360 turn in the air and comes down into a butt-tuck, runs right over Misty, jumps on and off the couch, picks up his fluffy ball and butt-tucks back through the living room, up the hall and back, leaps up on and off the couch besides and waits for me to say Peek-A-Boo again.

It does not take much to entertain a Labradork.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi labdad,

:lol:

Think you have started something there. You realise you will be expected to act this way on demand now whenever Jack feels like it.

Jack responds by butt-tucking out of the bathroom
I take it that is when they decide to run around like a loonatic...I like that term. I normally say that Kane is having a mad half hour when he does that or a just a mad turn...."butt-tucking" I like 8)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many Labs express their sheer joy of life by running with their rear end tucked up forward under their body. They can move incredibly fast and be incredibly clumsy. Many times they will butt-tuck in enclosed closs quarters. When they dot outside with plenty of room to manoever they are even more fun to watch.

You realise you will be expected to act this way on demand now whenever Jack feels like it
Jack is going on seven years old and doesn't butt-tuck very often. Maybe he will now. At least I will have a good reason for making a fool out of myself.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just tried the "peek a boo" thing with Paddy, he looked at me with that quizzical look labs have, you know, the one when they tilt their head to one side as if trying to work out what you're doing.

Paddy has his mad half hour of "butt tucking" (great term) during his walk across the golf course. He runs through the sand bunkers with his tail tight between his legs, skidding about in the sand. it takes me ages to rake the bunkers after he's mucked it up, especially if he fancies going on for a second round.
Another consequence is that he's spitting sand for the next 5 mins.

BN

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Jack responds by butt-tucking out of the bathroom, down the hall, into the living room, up on and off the couch, back up the hall into the bathroom where he bounces off the wall and ends up sitting in front of me. Misty comes in all smiles and is watching me make a fool of myself. She sits off to the side and pants, a big smile on her face.
I just had to laugh at this Labdad - fantastic!!

I can just picture the scene now! Excellent :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts