Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my labradoodle pup is 10 months old and had a phantom pregnancy so was started on galastop for 7 days and had an anti emetic injection also. This is days 5 but her teets are still enlarged and she still isnt her bouncy self. Treatment was rather expensive at 130 pounds and I dont know if it is working.

·
Administrator
21,309 Posts
Galastop. Expensive and I've personally never known it work. Sorry.

Really the best you can do is to minimise the problem, because I doubt you will make it go away.

Remembering that dogs need fluids, particularly with summer approaching (Hopefully) reduce fluid intake sensibly, and up the exercise. Milk production needs fluids and upping the exercise helps take her mind off pups. Also very important, NO TUMMY RUBS! This stimulates milk production. But keep an eye on her mammary glands for any swelling which could indicate mastitis.

·
Premium Member
9,010 Posts
Galastop, yes, very expensive, there are cheaper generic alternatives. It has worked for me but I think in the end I needed more than 1 weeks supply. I had a bitch that didn’t have huge mammaries but was literally pouring out milk. Her milk did dry up eventually. As John says don’t touch her mammaries and if you’ve any doubts go back to your vet. There’s always a risk too of pyometra with phantom pregnancies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts