Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good evening everyone,

My pup Nola is now 12 weeks old, when I first got her she would eat her dry food with no problems.
She developed a urine infection and had to take tablets and to get her to eat them while I was at work she was given them with puppy dog meat. Now she has become very fussy and wouldn't eat without meat, now she just goes around the bowl eating the meat off the dry food.
I took her food away after 20 mins of her not eating it last night and she ate her breakfast very well this morning but became fussy again at lunch and now at dinner.

What do I do? This is my first puppy and I have never come across a fussy lab before!!
Do I try different food? Any advice is greatly appreciated as I don't want to restrict her food and growth!

Many thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
11,547 Posts
I think the problem is Nola thinks if she doesn't eat she'll get something nicer and so far in her mind that has proved to be true so she's just seeing if she can get you to give her the puppy meat instead of the kibble as she likes it better. If you don't want her to have it long term and to just eat kibble you'll have to be strict don't offer anything else or any treats just the kibble for a few days if she doesn't eat it after 20 mins take it away then she has to wait for the next meal if its a case of being fussy she will eat it once she gets hungry and learns nothing better is offered instead. Obviously if after a couple of days she won't eat then you'll have to offer her something else either the meat or a different kibble but they don't usually wait it out that long.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts