Labradors Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well at the vets I also brought up the fact that vogue seems to be loosing a lot of fur, more than richey does even this time of year. I'm brushing her 2 or 3 times a day and she still seems to be loosing fur, he agreed that to be excessive and suggested rather than fox mange it seemed likely to be doggy hayfever basically, an allergy to grass pollen which manifests itself in excess hair loss, it usually presents at 1 to 2 years old and can be treated using a type of vaccination process but in the mean time i have another appointment in a fortnight although i should look out for licking or chewing at her toes and scratching paticularly.
has anyone else had experience of this type of thing?

Anna

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im still quite worried about vogue, she has got 3 bald patches now on her left hind leg, she doesnt seem upset or stressed by it but hopefully the vet will get it sorted out or someone at CP will be able to help as the will be at all about dogs tomorrow.
Anna

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
hi anna..Good luck with the vet....I'm just wondering what vaccination wud they admister for hayfever... Neways lets know how vogue;s doing...

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
she's still shedding a lot , the vet agreed that it wasnt normal, it could be seasonal or it could be a microinfection damaging the hair folicals most likely from swimming in the lake, shes going in next tuesday for them to do some skin scrapings and pluck some fur and analyse it so hopefully then we'll know what we're trying to treat.
Anna

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi Anna

Hope they get to the bottom of it and clear it up quickly.

Let us know the outcome when you get the results back pls.

Kev

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vets today...
theyre gonna give her a sedative and do some skin tests so she'll be away all day!
Anna

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Hi Anna

Hope all goes well at the vets today,and you get to know what the problem is, i will be thinking about you and Vogue today, it's not nice having to leave them at the vets.

Good luck

margaret

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just phoned the vets, they were going to give her a general but she was a good girl and sat still so they only gave her a sedative so she's napping now, i took her car bed into the vets so at least it smells familier. Cant pick her up till half 4 tho!
Anna

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Vogue is such a good girl..... when wud get the test results....Lots of huggies to vogue when you get her from the vet's......

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hbv5u

we got the test results back, there were no mites in the skin scrapings and there is hair growing below the surface, the vet thought it was a combiination of getting warm quickly and spending a lot more time out of doors in the spring than she does now!
Anna

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Thats good new anna.... i know heat can be a real culprit...Frodo sheds like crazy its so hot here in mumbai and will remain this way for a month.... :? ...

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well yet another trip to the vets, they're back to thinking allergy again as the past couple of days shes been very quiet, so we had a depomedrone injection and hopefully she'll be right as rain again. We went to a country park this afternoon and she had a fantastic time!
anna

1 - 19 of 19 Posts