Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day Lab Forumers :)

As most of you know, I have been fostering a gorgeous Golden Retriever for Labrador Retriever Rescue Southern England (LRRSE) for the past 6 weeks.

I've chronicled his stay with us, and his medical problems, in this thread, so I know he has a lot of fans & supporters on LF.

Also as most of you will know, I'm raising money for Rupert, who is currently recuperating from an operation to remove 2 x cancerous tumors. All funds raised will go directly to LRRSE, who have paid for all of Rupert's medical bills so far, and we'd really appreciate your support.

I've nicknamed him Rupert Bear, as he's such a cuddly, sweet old teddy bear.

Here's my favourite photo of him, just to remind you all of this gorgeous lad

I'm sure you'll agree, he's a goof-ball, and a gorgeous one at that, one who deserves all the help we can get him to recover from his operation and any further treatment the vet thinks he will need.

I'd like to thank everyone who has sent in very generous donations to LRRSE already, they are gratefully received and we currently have £125.70 in the kitty for him. I'm aiming for £500, as that is roughly what his medical treatment to date has cost.

If anyone wants some home-made chutney or jam, or has some junk hanging around at home which might make me a bob or two at a Car Boot sale later this month, I would LOVE to hear from you!!! :)
The Car Boot is scheduled for Sunday 20th September, and I would absolutely LOVE some help (mostly because I have never done a Car Boot sale in my life, so any tips or assistance would be very gratefully received!!).

If you're too far to help with the car boot, and jam & chutney isn't your thing, then I just wanted to let you know that I have now set up a JustGiving page dedicated to Rupert. It's easy to donate online by credit or debit card - just go to my JustGiving page: http://www.justgiving.com/Rupert-Bear

JustGiving sends your donation straight to LRRSE and automatically reclaims Gift Aid if you're a UK taxpayer, so your donation is worth even more.

I hope you'll join me in fundraising for Rupert, if you could spare just a pound or two, we would really appreciate it.

Many, many, many thanks to everyone for their help so far, their monetary and "junk" donations for the Car Boot, and of course to all my guineapigs who have been buying chutney at GTs recently :D Your help is gratefully received!!

Ness x

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Just to say well done Ness for all your hard work with the gorgeous Bear. I will make a donation but I'm having trouble with the site at the moment.

Sadly I can't make the 20th, but good luck with the Boot Sale.

Yvonne

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I've done it now! The site won't let you put pence in, I put £10-00 about 10 times and it kept rejecting it. Just put £10 and that was OK.

You're 36% there now!

Yvonne

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I've done it too although I forgot to put a message in.

Good luck with your Car Boot sale!

Eileen

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh!!!! Thank you SO, SOOOOOOOOOOO much everyone!!!
Your donations are all gratefully received, have some fairy dust and loads of karma from us, you're all brilliant!!!!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have some strawberry jam and raspberry too that ive made- will take it along on Sunday and make sure June knows its for Ruperts fund.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Scubabe said:
G'day Lab Forumers :)

As most of you know, I have been fostering a gorgeous Golden Retriever for Labrador Retriever Rescue Southern England (LRRSE) for the past 6 weeks.

I've chronicled his stay with us, and his medical problems, in this thread, so I know he has a lot of fans & supporters on LF.

Also as most of you will know, I'm raising money for Rupert, who is currently recuperating from an operation to remove 2 x cancerous tumors. All funds raised will go directly to LRRSE, who have paid for all of Rupert's medical bills so far, and we'd really appreciate your support.

I've nicknamed him Rupert Bear, as he's such a cuddly, sweet old teddy bear.

Here's my favourite photo of him, just to remind you all of this gorgeous lad

I'm sure you'll agree, he's a goof-ball, and a gorgeous one at that, one who deserves all the help we can get him to recover from his operation and any further treatment the vet thinks he will need.

I'd like to thank everyone who has sent in very generous donations to LRRSE already, they are gratefully received and we currently have £125.70 in the kitty for him. I'm aiming for £500, as that is roughly what his medical treatment to date has cost.

If anyone wants some home-made chutney or jam, or has some junk hanging around at home which might make me a bob or two at a Car Boot sale later this month, I would LOVE to hear from you!!! :)
The Car Boot is scheduled for Sunday 20th September, and I would absolutely LOVE some help (mostly because I have never done a Car Boot sale in my life, so any tips or assistance would be very gratefully received!!).

If you're too far to help with the car boot, and jam & chutney isn't your thing, then I just wanted to let you know that I have now set up a JustGiving page dedicated to Rupert. It's easy to donate online by credit or debit card - just go to my JustGiving page: http://www.justgiving.com/Rupert-Bear

JustGiving sends your donation straight to LRRSE and automatically reclaims Gift Aid if you're a UK taxpayer, so your donation is worth even more.

I hope you'll join me in fundraising for Rupert, if you could spare just a pound or two, we would really appreciate it.

Many, many, many thanks to everyone for their help so far, their monetary and "junk" donations for the Car Boot, and of course to all my guineapigs who have been buying chutney at GTs recently :D Your help is gratefully received!!

Ness x

Why are you using your funds for a dog that could be helped by Retriever Rescue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why are you using Labrador Rescue Funds, which people who specifically want to go towards Labradors, on a retriever? Surely there are Retriever Rescue organisations that could cover this? I don't think you help Labradors by diverting funds in this way.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Ness, I am delighted to be able to make a donation to such a worthwhile cause, fingers crossed you will meet your target!

Lorna

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
I'll be donating too in a minute, not much as funds are tight here, but as I can't get to the boot sale, I want to help a little xxx he's a gorgeous boy x

Hope the sale goes really well xxx

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PatPolly said:
Why are you using Labrador Rescue Funds, which people who specifically want to go towards Labradors, on a retriever? Surely there are Retriever Rescue organisations that could cover this? I don't think you help Labradors by diverting funds in this way.
That is a question for the chairperson and committee members, not for me.

*I* did not personally use LRRSE funds for anything whatsoever. I am a volunteer foster carer for LRRSE, and I am fostering Rupert on their behalf. It was LRRSE who agreed to accept Rupert as a foster dog, so your question needs to be addressed to LRRSE, and not to me.

(edit for a typo)

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you sooooooo much Lorna and Sarah, and everyone else who has donated, we really appreciate it!

I'd still love some help for the car boot sale, if anyone can lend me a couple of hours I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers,

Ness

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
labsmad said:
I have some strawberry jam and raspberry too that ive made- will take it along on Sunday and make sure June knows its for Ruperts fund.
Oooooh thank you, that'd be brilliant! In fact, I might send £2 with her so she can bring me back a jar :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
Dear Patpolly
Rupert is a LRRSE foster dog and scubabe is his foster carer and if you read the posts correctly she is fundraising especially for him, and everyone who donates is aware the money would go towards covering his vets costs.Any left over would got to LRRSE to deceide what to spend the money on. Whether it be a golden retreiver rescue or a lab rescue Ruperts situation would be the same. So what is your problem???
If you dont want to donate that is fine but please keep your cristism to urself.

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
I still owe you for the super-delicious chutney Nessa. Will sort the money out this later this evening when I have a little more time. You are doing a sterling job of fundraising to help pay for Rupert's op.

Love Becs

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi there Ness

Pretty sure I can help out on Sunday 20th - and assuming you are "booting" at the place we discussed last week, have done a couple there myself...

Just need to check with him indoors and will then PM you my number and we can chat about what is needed etc....

How much stuff have you got? - does it all fit into your car? I could pop down on the Sat and put some stuff in mine.....- I will ask my (very accomplished booter) neighbour whether she thinks we might need to rent 2 spots.....

I can certainly go along to the boot fair this Sunday if you need me to, to suss out any other tips

g

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you so much Susan, and to everyone else who has donated, really, really appreciate it, you are all so generous!

G, yes, the Drayton one as discussed the other day, would be absolutely amazing if you could come along! I have sooooooo much stuff! Not even sure if all of it is car-boot-able, but we can only give it a go :) I think I could fit it all in my car (esp by using the boot), but wouldn't have any room for tables, so maybe taking 2 spots would be worth it?

I am going to call them and find out their rules on selling cakes & jams & chutneys etc as well - some boot sales apparently don't allow anyone to sell that kinda stuff. Let me know and we can work something out?? Many many thanks!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi Ness

I will PM you my mobile and chat to my neighbour over the weekend. Let me know if you have any success in calling the organisers (didn't realise there was a contact number) - cus I can always pop along this weekend and ask in person...

Definitely in my diary for morning of 20th

1 - 20 of 36 Posts