Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well what a lovely day we had today! Locally they held a fundraising fun dog show, with agility, and a companion dog show included. Totally relaxed atmosphere, litle stalls, quizzes, home made cakes and lunches, demonstrations by every day normal people - not pro's in smart clothes - you get the idea.

Ash has had a bit of a set back in his agilty after an injury, so this sounded just right for his confidence, and he had a whale of a time. I tripped over a loose dog at the end of the course in the first class, so as I lay on the grass laughing Ash thought this was the greatest game ever! Later in the day he did a jumping run and I havent seen him so happy for a very long time - it was poetry in motion. In fact, he was going so well that I forgot I was running my novice dog and handled him as if he were his father - oops! Handler error!! But Ash was SO HAPPY - it was a joy to behold!

Fife was allowed to do the lower height jumps as he is now too old to enjoy jumping big jumps, and again so enjoyed himself and came 4th!

Oak came 3rd in the Pedigree Sporting section of the dog show, and Fife and Ash did some novelty classes but were pipped to the post!

The happy relaxed atmosphere was an absolute joy, and both the owners and the dogs enjoyed themselves far more then we seem to at the "posh" shows. There was no worries about security, you could see your car from all points in the field. There were elderly ladies in high heels and lace blouses competing against kids, handlers running in bare feet and sunbathing in "not a lot" by the ring - a really really relaxed day!

If anyone from Hailsham Lions is reading this, a huge thank you for a lovely day out!

Katy

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Oooooh! It's our new nearest village local fete next weekend! I'm hoping there'll be an opportunity for Luna to enter her 2nd show!! (LF show being her first!)

I hope we have as good a day as you did!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts