Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please could someone tell me what FTAW stands for?

I was looking at a pedigree of a friends dog and she didnt know what it stood for. (Her dog is a Flat Coat Retriever)

I can only guess at Field Trial .... but no idea on the AW! Advanced Worker??? Acredited Worker?
Winner?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
FTW is Field Trial Winner. I haven't seen FTAW - but would guess FT Award Winner?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Im pretty sure it is award winner and possibly means a dog with merit or above.

I might be completey wrong as I cant find alot when you type in FTAW !! Sorry If it is completely wrong :oops:

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
Yes it is Field Trials Award Winner. It is not an "Official" title, and in some respects on it's own means very little in that the award could be anything from second place in an open trial to a certificate of merit in a novice trial. But then again, it has to be said that even a C of M in a novice trial is not easy to come by!

Regards, John

·
Registered
312 Posts
FTAW does indeed stand for Field Trial Award Winner, and this can be for a Certificate of Merit (COM) upwards.

It also means that this dog will have been awarded a Kennel Club Stud Book Number, qualifying it for Crufts for life, and making it eligible for entry in the Field Trial class..... :D

Hope this helps

Kate

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW - thank you very much for the information I will pass it on.

(I should have guessed it was W - for winner... duh I knew that having seen FTW elsewhere :oops: )

Thank you very much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts