Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen lots of recommendations here for frozen Kongs as a way of keeping pups amused. What do you put in the Kong? Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I used to put cheese spread inside diesels. He loved it! :p

Im not sure if cheese spread would be ok for a pup or not though but im sure someone will be able to help you out soon.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
I think some people put in kibble and banana I have heard of, though as long as it is OK to eat then anything goes :D HTH

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Lottie has a little cheese to block the hole,then some of her kibble ration topped up with low salt chicken stock.She loves it.
I've also used mashed banana and yoghurt or some peanut butter.

Barbara

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm another take a handful from breakfast or dinner, soak in hot water for a little while and stuff in the kong. Loadsa fun!

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I put soaked kibble in my pups kong and now at nearly 17 weeks he gets the hole filled with banana, yoghurt or peanut butter. He loves it even though he whines coz he;s know i;m going out..lol

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
I put bread into Corbie's with chicken sandwich paste on it and freeze it if I want him to have something to keep him going for a while. I've also soaked bread in gravy and frozen that in the past, but it's quite messy to make lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the tips everyone. I have discovered Tartex vegetarian pate in a tube which I smear round the inside of Kong. I did see Kong's own aerosol pate (Yuk), like squirty cream in our petshop. But it was about £5.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts