Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not know where to put this, but since a lot of the working folks keep their dogs in kennels, I thought I might try here.

It has been freezing more the last few days than I can remember from the last few years and certainly since I began keeping dogs outside.
I change my dogs water regularly (at least 2 times a day, more if possible) but every time I go and check it is frozen. And not a small bit, a thick layer.
My question is: How do you keep the dogs drinking water 'drinkable'
Do you add something, do you give them warmer water to last longer,...
Any tips could help.

It is something that came up the last week and being in Belgium with it's Mediteranean climate :lol: , it never came up before.

Dave

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Hi Dave

Do your dogs have a kennel and a run? If so when it is freezing put the water into the kennel rather than the run. I do this for my chickens :roll: . (I know I know what has that got to do with dogs :oops: )

My lads are kennelled at night but have a heater so there water never freezes :wink: :D .

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip.

My dogs only have a kennel.
They get out at regular times during the day to do their business and have a run around and a play.
They kennel is outside and has a concrete floor. They have an isolated shed to go into, but that is only big enough to contain the dogs, so no possibility to put the water in there.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts