Labradors Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya
This morning when I got up I found that my fridge had been attacked....
Popcorn and Toffee realised when they were quite young the fridge wasn't a good supply of food to them because it was usually empty when they managed to open it because I never bothered to do a proper shop so they basically just tried to get into the cupboard where they're food was kept...(usually that being the only food in the house!)
Since Jess moved in though we've had to do a proper weekly shop because shes a woman and fussy and she also needs to eat properly because of her being pregnant...
When I walked into the kitchen to make a cup of tea there was food all over the floor...well the food had been eaten but the packaging remained.
Luckily I cheaked through the food they'd got and there was nothing that could do too much damage to them.
I was annoyed about the food but accidents do happen and I should have shut the door before going to bed but then I noticed the fridge door....
In opening it they had broken the seal that runs down the side that keeps the door nice and tightly shut!!!!
So when me and Jess start buying stuff from mothercare we'll be buying fridge door locks and not just for the baby!!!
Chris :wink:

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
ROFL....

Chris sounds like you have your hands full :wink:

At least their teeth and gums will be clean and bright ! All them veg and salad ! lol............although their tummies might start grumbling soon :(

Best get extra nappy sacks ! .........and not just for the baby !

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Oh dear Chris - the little monkeys.

To tell you the truth we have had to lab-proof the house a lot more than we ever had to baby-proof it :lol:

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Clever pooches... :wink:

Sounds like you are going to have your hands full when the baby arrives...lol

Good luck lab proofing the fridge!...lol :lol:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I am always surprised at what they can get up.

I had to turn the door on my freezer Sox was always opening the door of the freezer,it's awkward for me to get into now,but it is now Sox proof!!

margaret

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have dog proofed the fridge...The only problem is I have done it that much I doubt myself or Jess will be able to get in it LOL!
It's amazing how much stuff mothercare sell that you can use for a labrador..........

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
It Is a very handy lab shop Chris...lol Hope it works and they stay out of it now, and that you don't starve trying to get into it too...lmao

·
Registered
42 Posts
I already Murphy proofed the kitchen cupboards, off the Mothercare for fridge now, as i would hate it if he got my chocolate supply, ah bless him

penny

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi all

I'm getting worried now as Smudge hasn't tried to get into the kitchen cupboards or fridge/freezer, and it's the kitchen that we leave him in when we go out! Am touching wood like crazy now!

I once stupidly left some fruit out on the side that he got when we were at work - he even managed to eat the banana but not the skin - could just imagine him sat back on his hind legs and carefully peeling it!

Hope Jess is keeping well Chris.

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Popcorn and Toffe have tried to get back into the fridge but luckily havn't succeded!!!
Jess is keeping fine thanks Nic. Although she's going through the stage where she doesnt like me lol! It's like Toffee, Popcorn and herself are plotting against me lol! Although I'm always in the good books when I bring home chocolate!
Toffee's just tried to get into the DVD cupboard......
Labradors! LOL.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi chris....

Your labbies are Intelligent...I'm sure their IQ wud be above any normal human being....Isn't the same boys who walked on their own to your fiances house... :D bless them....

Regards

1 - 14 of 14 Posts