Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the boys are finally going in to lose their 'boy bits'!! 8O 8O

After at least a year of me getting nowhere, my OH has finally agreed that the boys need to lose their plums - they are getting over dominant with other dogs and Cocoa has been running off after bitches. Vet, plus several other experienced 'doggie' people have advised neutering.

I am SO tempted to rub it in with him and gloat that I was right all along, but I shall keep my mouth shut for the time being anyway!!

despite finally winning the battle, I am still a bit nervous about it, and would appreciate any advice that you lovely people on here can give us. Will they be very sleepy afterwards, and will they be allowed to go for a walk? Are there likely to be any complications.?

Please let me know I have nothing to worry about :? :?

A

·
0 Posts
My friend has had her choccie lab (Floyd who's 6 months) neutered today!

The vet said he was a bit of a wuss as he cried until she came to pick him up, but since then he's had tea and is now fast asleep in his crate!

I'm sure your boys will be fine, although I'm not looking forward to when it's Ruebens turn!! :roll:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Max lost his bits at the end of may , he went in at 8.30 was home by three , and a bit sleepy and grumpy for a couple of hours , he seemed fine the next day , but could only walk on a lead for 2 weeks , he had no problems and had the stiches removed after 2 weeks , he was fine after did not appear to be in pain , just had a sad look on his face. He was also showing signs of dominance , this has now decreased amazingly , and he has no urges when bitches are around , but is now being humped by intact males !! He is better to walk now , and I have no regrets , I too had to convince my OH

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
No experience of male neutering Annette as I have only had bitches and spaying :? They were fully recovered between the next day with Cori to about 2 weeks with Roly and Jana,

Wanted to say good luck to you and your boys for their Ops :)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Oscar had his op last Monday and was fine after it. When he first stood up and walked out of the crate at the vet's you could tell he felt a bit weird and had a bit of a lick. After that he didn't even seem to notice that anything was wrong and it was hard to stop him from bounding around. He was given a collar to wear to stop him chewing his stitches but never needed it.

We weren't allowed to walk him at first but when I took him back for his check up on Thursday the vet said short walks on lead would be ok. His stitches come out this Thursday and hopefully things will be back to normal then.

I was so worried at the time but just feel relieved now that it's done. I hope it all goes as well for you.

Norma & Oscar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts