Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
...at the concept yes very amusing

......but in reality NO ! Call me bar humbug if you must !

But the prospect of a dog being able to run around with a loose cannon in its mouth is.......

ok so I am the odd one out......

did wonder why no one else replied 8O

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I accept the dog should have been inside not sitting watching the beggers go off but.......

The dog didn't look too disturbed and the owners deserved to have their house burnt down don't you think? That's what i found amusing......ok so i have a sick sense of humour 8O

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
...yeah true

.....but did the dog deserve to be burn't or worse...

.....just because it clearly had no probs with the noise etc doesn't take away the fact it was at best, a singed dog at worse a dead one !

Ok ok I'll get of my soap box ....bar humbug....bar humbug...bar humbug

Or do I need HRT and litghen up a bit 8O :lol: :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
That is so dangerous - the dog should have at least been on a lead.

I used to do public firework displays with a ex boyfriend of mine - in the old days we used to hand light them all. One day I fused up over 200 fireworks, put them in racks and stapled the fuses to the rack - only afterwards did my ex boyfriend tell me that if I had put a staple through one of the fuses I could have set the whole lot off!! The last big display I helped out on was at the SSEC about 14 years ago but that night we sat in the van and electrically did it just pushing buttons. That was with the professionals and even the professionals end up being injured!!

Before Corrie was shot at I could take him to firework displays and he would just sit there and watch them, he was never frightened of the bangs at all. But after he got shot at it became another story.

Please don't let your dogs or children near fireworks I know what damage they can cause and I am sure all of you do too. One night a firework went off in my ex boyfriends face but luckily for him he was wearing a visor.

I shall get off my soapbox now :)

S

·
0 Posts
Kaye you haven't offended me - each to their own at the end of the day :D

I speak my mind at times perhaps I went a little over the top :?

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
lol Kaye......

Outa your naughty corner NOW !

Thing is these sites are to humourize all situations, and to a degree they do, for example I have seen a pic of a spanish bull fighter having his tackle removed by an upet bull ( no prob with that ! ) but on subjects close to home you weigh up the humour against ' what if it were my dog ' ! And what is right.......

Maybe if it were say a video of a stock car racer parachute failing to stop car, I would laugh...coz I don't own or race one........but if I did.....

agh ! shut up...soap box soap box !

...thats all

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OMG - I didn't expect to stir up a hornets nest.
I have to say it brought a smile to may face when I was sent it. I had assumed it was totally unexpected and filmed quite by chance, but on reflection so many of those films are set up that this one may have been too.

Baileybear you haven't offended anyone - it was obviously me that did that.

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
OK OK OK ....lol Jenny and Kaye.......

Kaye you have not narked me at all my lovlie, twas just my opinion thats all..........fetch me more HRT and we will be bestest friends forever lol :D

Jenny, that was a good one wasn't it ? ! LOL

I think no one replied because they either didn't want to admit it was funny or were shocked..... either way it has been noted and we all no now not to give our dogs exploding sticks on Nov 5th LOL :wink: :lol: :D

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
OK ok clearly I have put peoples back up here!

Make no apologises for my opinions but don't want to lose friends over it.......

Agree to disagree ?!

S

·
0 Posts
Hi Rhoni

Long story - but he ran off one night and came back shot. That is how he lost his eye.

Will give you the full story when we meet at the 'Get Together' :) but an outline is in Corries Story which is somewhere in the forum.

Sam

1 - 20 of 31 Posts