Labradors Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

There are lots of dogs needing foster home, i have room for one dog and the time is good as my wife is off for a month and im off for september.

Plus Rolo would love some company!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Have you been homechecked yet? As most rescues will want homechecks done first. I know this time of year they are all screaming out for foster homes so I am sure you won't be waiting long for a foster dog!

Has Rolo been desexed?

And lastly, I don't know where Swadlingcoate is so I can't recommend a rescue to you, but I agree, Nat would be a good first contact - remembering of course, that today is a special memorial walk for Nat & Gary, so you may not hear back from her today...

Ness

·
Registered
318 Posts
I did look Swadlincoat up on the map but unfortunately for LRRSE you are along way north. Have I sent you a foster form? If I havent if you let me have your email I can send one to you just incase we need someone in your area.

As Ness has said we would need to get you homecheck first though.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Vicky, I think you may need to change your link - I think it links to your house!
I've just figured out, Swadlincoat is in Derbyshire, is that right?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I havent got anyone that way but I can put a call out. I will need Nealy to send me his address details.

Nealy can you pm me your email address so that I can get you to fill in a foster form please.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Nealy said:
Rolo hasnt been desexed as of yet either
No worries, I have one entire male here and I foster, so it shouldn't be a problem, it is just something which you need to make the rescues aware of - some rescues won't put entire bitches with you, and some dogs needing a foster home wouldn't suit a home with another entire dog. Just something to think about that's all.

I hope you can get homechecked and can offer a fab foster home to a dog in need - it really is a great feeling, giving something back - I have been volunteering for lab rescue for a year or so now, and every dog I help makes me feel good!! :)

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Aaw hats off to all of you fosterers, much as I'd love to I'm not sure I could do it, I love them too much.

I did a collection once for LRNW and the poor boy was given up for rehoming on his birthday! He was fairly neglected and taking him away from his family was awful, his love for them was plain to see.

He wasn't the right boy for us as he was too nervous and our three would have intimidated him, but both OH and I agreed that if he had been suitable, we felt there is no way we could have handed him over.

I was so glad we helped him but it bothered me for ages afterwards.

He now has a lovely forever home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts