Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of observations so far on the width of some of the forums and images in peoples signatures...

I'm not 100% sure why some images are not showing in people signatures.. it didn't work for me first time round but after trying a second time round it (and every time since) it seemed to work fine. 8O

If your signature image is not showing could you try following these steps to update it. Apologies if this is already obvious, you may have done it this exact way before, but could you try it again anywa? (thanks!).

1. Click the "profile" link in the forum (at the top of every forum page in the middle).
2. About half way down, click the "Edit Signature" button.
3. Click the "Img" button above the text box and "
" will appear in the text box.
4. copy/paste the url of the image you want to include between the
(or type it in if you're feeling brave!). Make sure you have no spaces or newlines in the url (it is ok if the text wraps onto a newline though).
5. You should have something like this showing now...

6. Add any extra text to complete the signature (up to a total of 255 characters) and click "save"

If you click on the profile link then edit signature again you should see a preview which will hopefully work!

If this doesn't work and you get the full text of the details in your signature, this is what is causing the forum pages to be too wide in certain cases. So if you see anyone who hasn't updated their signature give them a nudge, point them to this post and ask them to try again. :wink:

I hope this works... if it doesn't please reply to this post with the full url to the image you are trying to put in your signature and i'll see if i can fix it.

Cheers!

Stuart

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hi stuart..lol

erm the width on some posts was down to me im afraid..lol..my sig pic didnt work and the addy or url was still as my sig which was long and caused the post to be very long..lol..this was pointed out to me and now all is fine with posts so far..lol.,. :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is ok claire... the problem was caused by a bug in the first place so not really your fault. ;)

Archies mum, sorry for the late reply. What error are you getting when trying to upload your avatar?

Cheers...

Stuart

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Hi stuart !!!

God I do make such hard work of some things !!!!!

Right followed all distructions on getting sig pic on and only got full text....tried 4/5 times no joy

So am taking you up on your very hospitable offer of doing it for me :wink: Unless there is an another idiot proof method you can tell me 8O

http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/mod...oto_Gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Did all the [img stuff.

Pick the bones outa that coz I can't !!! :oops:

Many thanks Stuart, pal :wink:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Mommy, sorry for the late late late reply... been pretty busy!

Anyway, i've just managed to fix your signature for you... hopefully you should be able to go in and edit it now and the picture should stay the same.

Stuart

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Hi Stuart,

You are a star ! :D

Thanks very much and owe you another pint :wink:

You better be turning up in August, reckon you will be inundated with offers of liquid refreshment after all your help :wink:
Thanks again

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no problem :) what's happening in august?

All the offers of liquid refreshment are very generous, but dave has done the bulk of the work... I've just lent a hand where I can. :)

(although make mine a john smiths ;))

Stuart

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Hi Stuart ( and Dave :wink: )

What's 'appening in August? tish, well the get together of course !

You better be coming then you can meet all us Lab obsessee's :wink:

Ok a barrel of beer for both you and Dave then and a Vat of wine for Julie !

.................and a gert big treat for Bradley :D
Cheers

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ah... not sure what I am doing yet but I'll ask dave to remind me... i'll only forget otherwise. :?

Stuart

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
No probs we will all remind you :wink:

So, off you go and put you name down......bottom right hand corner of home page !

............Incase you didn't know :wink: :D

Then put in your fav bait box...that way you def won't forget !

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
lol Rhoni! :lol: :D :D

You never fail to make me laugh...hehehe

Stuart - pardon our ignorance we haven't mentioned the Get Together yet, you are of cause welcome lab or no lab, besides you can always borrow Bradley whenever you like - he has been missing his uncle stuart :D I know how good you were with him when you visited, Dave's just told me you'd probably love to Bradsit!! LOL!!!! :lol: :lol:

Julie :)

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Julie and Dave.

Oi, Oi, Oi................you nicking my surragate walker 8O :wink:

Think I'm stupid?
All this buttering up?
The gentle massaging of ego?
The out and out creeping?
Not to mention all the booze offered !................

Hands off, he's mine ! Worked hard for it, earned it, ! :D :lol: :D

Opps Tilly told me to stop being selfish coz she wants to share him with Bradley !

There ya go Stuart...you lucky boy you ...you now have two lovely Labs to look after you lol :wink: :D

Its the 20th, get there night before and camp, bbq etc with Julie 19th.

There are 15 lakes so bring your tackle ! lol ( now that got your attention eh? :wink: )

.........bottom right hand corner of home page remember :wink:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ah I see there was an ulterior motive for all the offers of booze!

where's that signature file gone......

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
LOL Stuart, :wink:

No ! No ! 8O

Not my signiture PLEASEeeeeeeee, I was only joking and offer of ' Thank you ' refreshments is genuine and will be waiting for you in August.....

..............as will Tilly and Bradley.......sitting at gates paws on hips waiting for you.....t

oh oh Tillys bro, Bailey says can he play too ! :D

Infact maybe it would be jolly nice to put a post out that your services are available to all, especially on the BBQ night...maybe we can hire a large playpen for you all so we can still see our babies while being entertained by you... :wink:
hey are SOOOOoo looking forward to looking after you ! :wink: :D

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
do i need looking after? why do i get the feleing I am being lined up as the (drunk) dog sitter for the night?! :)

S

·
0 Posts
You look after the dogs Stuart and we will all look after you. Sounds like a fair deal to me :)

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
lol....well put.......

we can pass the odd can of John smiths over top of play pen. infact no !will have to be a shandy....you are in charge of our babies :wink:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts