Labradors Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my problem

Chester has been on Arden grange large breed puppy since coming home from Bristol. He has been gaining weight really well but he get fed twice a day and poo's about four times a day and his poo is soft. Also he has smelly wind. Normally if it was one of the other dogs i would change stright away but this seems to be the only food that chester has gained weight steadly on.

OHHH what to do, i wonder if another large breed puppy food would be just as good for weight gain

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Why not try the Arden Grange standard adult - it has less fat - keeps the coat in good condition - but still good for holding (or in the right quantities) putting weight on :D

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Luna's tum, poos, wind etc etc improved massively when we put her on Proplan Salmon food. I don't know if they do that in large breed version though... will have a look.

I suppose you could always get him up to a good weight and then switch but ... !

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
have you tried calling arden grange and see what they suggest? Might be worth a try :) see if they have any ideas

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Had a look. Proplan do a large breed chicken but not salmon :(

I've found Luna is intolerant to chicken based dry food - cooked fresh chicken is fine though!

·
Registered
322 Posts
sue51 said:
Why not try the Arden Grange standard adult - it has less fat - keeps the coat in good condition - but still good for holding (or in the right quantities) putting weight on :D
Agreed!

Sophie is on Arden Grange adult and poos 2 or 3 times per day, nice and firm and no wind at all.

·
Registered
29,722 Posts
Also agree with Sue here.... I am a massive fan of Arden Grange and from what you describe it sounds like he is simply getting too much, so change to standard Adult and cut the portion slightly...

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Arden Grange do a salmon food, mine have it along with Naturediet. As dry foods go I think they're really good ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts