Labradors Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Struugling at the moment with harvey and oh yes you guest it ''poos''

he is on JWB however his poos are just unpredictable sometimes (40%) fine and the rest of the time '' eye of a needle '' is the only way to describe it.

was wondering if anyone had had any problems like this with james wellbeloved???? and secondly what food are you all feeding that your dogs are fine on??????? obviousley the cheaper the better but i arent really too bothered about the price just dont want to have to go out swilling pavements down after ive walked the dog HAHA

all recomendations greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I have know quite a few people with dogs that have had this problem with JWB also know quite alot of people that swear by it so suppose it just depends on the dog .

Herman came to us as a puppy and was on Wainrights ( his breeder uses that) and he was fine on that .

Skinners have various foods depending on age of dog and we have found the duck and rice to be good .

Arden grange are also an option .

Finally I am trialing Bozita at the moment and I must say that our fussy eater thinks that it is great both the dry and the tins + his stools have been the best that I have seen out of all these foods so think that for him I am a bit of a convert . Initally I just added a bit of the tin stuff to his Arden grange food and his poos were good with AG but even better with the tin suff added . and a tin was lasting 4 days .

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
350 Posts
i did feed ours jwb at one time, but they just didnt seem to like it, i changed it to arden grange which they enjoyed

however Ive had to change our dogs onto wagg, unfortunatly had to cut down on cost due to personal reasons, was going to also ask people here if this type of food is ok or is rubbish

Wagg Complete Worker Original Beef & Veg Dog Food contains Wheat, Meat Meal, Wheatfeed, Oils & Fats, Linseed, Maize, Beet Pulp, Peas, Lucerne, Vitamins and Minerals. Added Citrus, Yeast and Yucca. With Antioxidant: BHT.

protein 23%
oil 10%
fibre 30%
ash 7%
vit a 10,000 iu/kg
vit d3 1000 iu / kg
vit e 90 mg
copper 16mg
sodium 0.3 %

on that note they do seem to be doing very well on it, but also concerned that there isnt no depremental affect on the dogs.

all the best

gary

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I have recently switched back to Wainwrights and both mine are happy on it.

The only fault I have is its only available from PAH - and I try to avoid here as much as possible !!! (I spend far 2 much time and money otherwise!!)

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
gstuart said:
i did feed ours jwb at one time, but they just didnt seem to like it, i changed it to arden grange which they enjoyed

however Ive had to change our dogs onto wagg, unfortunatly had to cut down on cost due to personal reasons, was going to also ask people here if this type of food is ok or is rubbish

Wagg Complete Worker Original Beef & Veg Dog Food contains Wheat, Meat Meal, Wheatfeed, Oils & Fats, Linseed, Maize, Beet Pulp, Peas, Lucerne, Vitamins and Minerals. Added Citrus, Yeast and Yucca. With Antioxidant: BHT.

protein 23%
oil 10%
fibre 30%
ash 7%
vit a 10,000 iu/kg
vit d3 1000 iu / kg
vit e 90 mg
copper 16mg
sodium 0.3 %

on that note they do seem to be doing very well on it, but also concerned that there isnt no depremental affect on the dogs.

all the best

gary
Gary, my last lab was fed on wagg and she did great on it. Lovely shiney coat, her weight gain stayed steady and lovely firm poo's. She had been on a few foods, and that was the one that agreed with her the most. And at the time the price was fab...OH had been made redundant so money was tight., I think they are a few on here that use it.
I won;t have a prob changing Alfie over if i have to in the future.

·
Registered
350 Posts
i must admit they really do like it, i brought 2 x bags the other day for £9.75 per 17Kg bag

was concerned it wasnt a very good food, as it was so cheap, seeing an average bag of food costs between £30-£40 and wagg under £10

Ive cut missy 9 months down to 2 x feeds and candy 5 months down to 3 a day.

sorry for the unpleasent question, but cut there food down a bit because they seemed to unload at least 6-7 times a day in the garden,

since cutting it down now gone down to about 3-4 a day, im no expert on counting the daily toilet habits but thought they were just unloading too much

hopefully im doing the right thing but of course not sure

all the best

gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts