Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... Following on from yesterdays 'Am I being too critical' thread about the behaviour of dogs, the on/off lead *thing* and so on I just thought I'd take a few pictures of us yesterday on our short walk with just myself and the gang ;-) Random romping rules the day ;-)

I don't ask for close control. I dfon't nag and then, this tends to mean, when i really need it, the brakes are there because its not a constant 'niggle niggle niggle' at them which they end up tuning out.

However I respect that me and my lot thumping towards you might be some folks idea of a nightmare ;-)

So the dogs range from 14 weeks to 14 years of age in these shots ;-)

Romping generally....

More romping.....

By the disused farm buildings on the permenantly closed lane..... (are you seeing a common theme here with Fish trying to take centre stage...???)

Like Mother like Son....

Dylan and Fish - 14 weeks and 14 years of age!!! ;-)

Deeds, Jade, Shiney and Mallie looking decidedly umimpressed ;-)

Shiney Deeds and Fish (or the ear-monster as he is known....) ;-)

Mummys little angel!!! Fishley-Fishington ;-) (" Ears? What ears? I don't have no big ears....? now PAWS........ " )

No real message - just Happy New Year from all the Wylanbriar gang!

Di

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
In all fairness Di, there isn't another soul or his dog to be seen in your photos!!!

I happily relax and walk with the gang plus any other visitors I might have staying in some places, but down the local playing field, where I have to poopscoop and where there are lots of other dogs, I find 5 dogs my maximum, otherwise I'll 'divide and conquer' the pack!!

Gorgeous, gorgeous dogs you have Di!

Becs and The Gang

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
have to say if i saw that lot bounding towards me id.........
love it!!!! the only problem id have would be which one to make a fuss of first! :)

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Awwww what a beautiful gang they are! You must be super proud! And I'd steer myself towards you if I saw you whilst out, cos I love to see Lucy lolopping around with others :D and like you, don't niggle or nag her all the time, so when I DO need her to come back, she does (most of the time) :wink:

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
Great pics Di we are impressed here and giggling at young' Mr Centre Stage look at me aren't i gorgeous Fish' :D

A very happy new year to all at Wylanbriar from the madhouse here XXX

Hope your delicate state has passed :wink:

S

·
0 Posts
Gorgeous pics Di...Mallie definately wasn't impressed with having to get her pic taken......obviously Shiney is the catwalk model and loves it :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Great photos of your dogs, I am loving Deeds the more I see his picture, what a laidback kind of dood he looks :D

Happy New Year !

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
" In all fairness Di, there isn't another soul or his dog to be seen in your photos!!! "

Becs thats absolutely true! The hilarious thing was when I WANTED to find some dogs for some 'interaction' shots there was not a soul to be seen! Believe me there usually is, especially when those fields are ploughed and we have to trudge round the edges only....

I tell a lie, we saw one Springer with two people in santa hats so I thought they might be game for a laugh with the camera etc... so headed towards them, and, sure enough, they nearly broke their necks climbing up a hill in the wrong direction to get away from us ;-) So i thought I'd better not chase them.... it rather defeated my object if the Springer had a heart attack on film (or the owners did which is FAR more common round our way than the dogs!) ;-)

Di

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
" obviously Shiney is the catwalk model and loves it "

Shiney is an absolute camera TART! Swing one at her and she poses. HOWEVER she hates showing, standing begging the judge to look at someone else! Bangs head against wall ;-)

I feel Fish may be joinging his sister dripping confidence and love of being clicked at ;-)

Di

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Looks like a lovely place to walk :)

Tis not your average field full of dog walkers is it :lol:

If I were with M-M we'd come right over and say hello and admire your dogs. If Max was with me, I'd stick him on his lead and head in the opposite direction.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As you say Angela, we met no dogs on that walk whilst the piccies were being taken. But I live just on the edge of a town and to get to those fields we have to pass through a busy car park where people park to come onto the downs and then through a flat mown park with a kiddies playground and umpteen dogs.

Then thankfully you get more able to take your pick where you walk ;-) But you run at least a half mile gauntlet first ;-)

Di

·
Registered
29,722 Posts
Not that she needs any backing up, but I was surprised to see no other dogs in those photos Di has posted. I have walked that route with her many a time whilst staying down there and there are usually quite a few dog walkers about regardless of day or time...

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I love the one of fish and dylan.... you can just see a finger in the edge of the photo.... ''wait while mummy takes the photos!''

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
....Oh I know Sam ;-) I'd love to say at 14 weeks he has a rock solid stay whilst i fiddle and mutter and swear at the camera (until Dylan is bored and looking elsewhere....chuckle) .... but he hasn't... ;-)

Di

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Aww they are fab.

We'd be delighted to see you heading towards us on a walk - even if you weren't Dyl's family :D.

p.s. Dylan says Auntie Shiney is 'hot'.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
......... I think gently breaking it to Dyl that 'Auntie Shiney' is also, complicatedly, his half sister, might just pour water on his desires.... ;-) ;-)

Di

1 - 20 of 54 Posts