Labradors Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
I thought you weren't supposed to flush dog poo because the processing plants couldn't break it down in the same way as human poo? As an aside, I really can't believe you could actually flush the bag down the loo? I know they are biodegradable but that process normally takes months so you'd have to flush the bag whole. :roll: I like the idea of degradable bags and use them when I can but not so sure on the whole flushing business.

Edited to say - I have just read their website and to be fair they do cover the points I mentioned above so who knows?

·
Registered
480 Posts
daizydoggy said:
I thought you weren't supposed to flush dog poo because the processing plants couldn't break it down in the same way as human poo? As an aside, I really can't believe you could actually flush the bag down the loo? I know they are biodegradable but that process normally takes months so you'd have to flush the bag whole. :roll: I like the idea of degradable bags and use them when I can but not so sure on the whole flushing business.

Edited to say - I have just read their website and to be fair they do cover the points I mentioned above so who knows?
My sister works for our local council and she often says that people ring up with blocked drains and some of the time it is caused by dog poo.

·
Registered
318 Posts
There was a thread on this a little while ago (along with other ideas for disposing of the mountains of poop!). If you search for flushable bags on this site, it may appear.

I would love to know if anyone has tried them and if they work.....

·
Registered
757 Posts
So what is the proper way of disposing of dog poo?

You can't put it down the drain.
You can't flush them down the toilet.
And (my step father, the bin man) says the rubbish men wouldn't take it if they knew. but I always hide mine with other household waste!! he he

·
Registered
318 Posts
My local council says to put it in with the household waste or have one of those poo bins that break it down into the ground.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I started the other thread. Think this is it.

http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/ftopicp-1028984-.html#1028984

I've not tried the sacks, but i have been flushing some of his poo and he also seems to poo less in the garden and more on his walks, so the poo then goes in the park poo bin (or I have to confess in the street bin if it's a street walk. Sure I'm going to be reported soon...!) Also, he's still very into his own personal lab disposal (ie. he eats it.)

Gwinny

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
I phoned Welsh Water and they told me we should flush it down the loo! It would be treated there!!

We also have a dog loo!! BUT the amount produced by my two cant be dealt with by one container!! I dont have room for 2!! 8O

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Our new house has a council emptied dog poop bin opposite the house across a patch of grass brilliant for training or playing on so it's our regular port of call at the start/end of each walk! (Luna tends to save her stinkies for walks nowadays! She seems to want to keep garden clean!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts