Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Very worrying for those in the affected ares, as Laura says, stay safe everyone.

Even if you are not in a flood area, the rivers throughout the whole country are full and raging, the river Trent here in Nottingham is high and moving very fast, i'm keeping Toby well away at the moment.

Sticking to puddles and ponds for a while.

Take Care.
Gary and Toby.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
I heard the other day that a car can be swept away in only 1 foot of fast moving water, so it would take a lot less than that to sweep a dog away.

Take care out there.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Utterly sick of the weather now. OH's boy's farm got flooded over New Year, which we're still trying to clean up, and it's threatening to flood again. :(

·
Registered
588 Posts
Sandbagged house brick vents yesterday - wellies to hand and as usual any risky water excursions to be avoided. Like many my work and home location mean I will not be able to avoid conflict with the weather though.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I walked the girls by the Trent this morning and had to put them both on leads.The water is so fast at the moment I didn't want any flying dives. Thank goodness we live up a hill.

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
I am sick of this weather too! It is devastating the lives of so many people in different ways. I would much prefer to be having cold and frosty weather to this. Our holiday home in Suffolk was badly flooded in the tidal surge before Christmas and although not our main home, so lacking in many personal possessions, it has caused so much damage and has been upsetting to deal with. The road is empty of residents as they have had to move out and instead there are skips full of furniture, carpets and electrical appliances.

My heart goes out to anyone affected by this awful weather.

Chloe

·
Registered
494 Posts
My heart goes out to all affected by this horrific weather.

I'm lucky enough to live on a hill but the Valleys are having issues, after the tides go down and the storm surges pass, here in the mountain valleys the water continues to drain off for weeks if not months. We get all the water draining from more than one mountain all merging eventually into one river the Taff. We had flooding in the local town 4 days before christmas when the pump failed, it was horrible. I'm grateful to live on a hill, but right now I'd prefer snow!

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
I live right at the bottom of the valley with a river running at the bottom of the garden, just hope the rain doesn't get any worse 8O

·
Registered
494 Posts
_Jayne said:
I live right at the bottom of the valley with a river running at the bottom of the garden, just hope the rain doesn't get any worse 8O
Yikes! stay safe Jayne! I'm in the Rhondda Valley's myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts