Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,456 Posts
Have you treated all your soft furnishings as well? it may be that the fleas have laid eggs in your carpet or cushions and that's where they keep coming from. Also, do you have a cat or any other animals, they would need treating at the same time as your dog.

·
Administrator
20,483 Posts
Although I've never used it, the flea treatment you are using does have a good reputation for killing fleas, so as Lynda says, the problem is likely to be in your furnishings re-infesting your dog. There are a number of sprays for carpets and the like. Indorex is very well thought of, but has a rather strong smell. Personally I prefer Acclaim, finding the after-smell fades so much faster. But whatever you use make sure you spray EVERYWHERE, which means moving furniture. Fleas like the quiet areas, areas where you dont/cant walk! The very places where it's difficult to get too to spray!

Interestingly, looking on the VetUK web site it lists both Indorex and Acclain as sold out!! So from that I think we can assume that this has been a bad year for fleas!

John :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Agree with the posters above. It's more likely that eggs and larvae are hidden in carpets and cushions so you should definitely wash it and apply flea spray everywhere in your home. It could be Raid Carpet&Room or Frontline Homegard (I consider this one too strong). I'm not a fan of chemicals, I used natural remedies mostly. You should start with garlic I think. It is said in this article that such decoction just should be rubbed in dog's shoulder. Same if you would use wormwood or tansy decoctions

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can use Seresto collar for your dog, it can give your dogs the ultimate 8-month prevention against fleas and ticks. I like this collar because doesn't give out any smell from contained repellant chemicals and exude greasy chemicals. Or HARTZ ultraguard plus flea & tick dog collar, this collar 7-month flea protection and can use on any dog over 6 weeks old, fits neck size up to 26 inches. Water-resistant

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
This is a post from two years ago, so I doubt the person who originally asked is about any more. I don't use anything on my dogs, I've not seen a flea or parasite for years, I do put natural deterrents in their food, but don't want to load them up with chemicals, and even though the collars aren't ingested or put on the skin, they are still a strong chemical deterrent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts