Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh dear I'm dreading it Holly going for her first visit to the vet I'm going to try and be brave while she gets her injection, I wasn't this bad with my human child. (I haven't told her yet in case she worries) Anyway i'm glad i saw the posting about not giving worm meds for a couple of days to see if she's ok cos no doubt I'll come away with a bucket full of stuff

carole

·
Registered
29,722 Posts
I'm sure she'll be fine Carole - if she's anything like Millie just stick a bsicuit under her nose and she won't care about the injection! :wink:

Hope everything goes OK.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
If your vets are anything like mine they will make it a fun trip for your pup. If your other dog likes the vet you could take him along too to give pup confidence.

Don't worry - just look the other way when the needle goes in (I do!!)

Good luck

Katy

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha Ha Meg hates the vet she's had so much surgery so she's no help she just sits shaking. I'll take some treats cos shes starting to develop typical lab trait of doing anything for food. You wouldn't beleive I'm a nurse and do some nasty things to humans but when it comes to my dog I'm a big softy
carole x

C

·
0 Posts
I'm sure she will be fine! Ruby didnt even flinch when she had her jabs!

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
I am sure she will be fine, Macy and Cori did not even feel the injections, just distract yourself to looking at there face and have a biscuit for her to concentrate on :)

Twix is like your dog and hates the vet, you are not alone on that one, though she has been more this year that in the rest of her life :roll:

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
awww i am sure everything will be just fine!

When Jack had his microchip fitted he actually fell asleep on the vets table :roll:

Good luck for tomorrow!

Tracey
x

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Holly will be fine Carole of that I am sure. Just make sure you have a treat in your hand and don't look!!!!

You need to be brave for her don't forget you are a nurse!!!!

I won't even ask what 'nasty things you do to humans' 8O 8O

Happy New Year. xx

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Ahh she will be fine, my three never feel jabs and I have never seen dogs go into the vet with their tails wagging like mine do.

Good luck, biscuits at the ready.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Sydney went for his yesterday, the vet did a very good job of distracting both of us - Sydney with a huge biscuit and me with lots of chatter! :D I didnt even notice she had the needle in her hand until she was injecting it and Sydney didnt even flinch 8O

1 - 11 of 11 Posts