Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
My chocolate lab Sadie started her first season on Xmas Eve so we are now on day 15. She’s still bleeding is that normal? Also she did have a recessed vulva and now it’s popped and it’s huge, I’m now wondering if it’s ok as it’s so big?!
Thanks in advance
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Comfort Whiskers

Dog Carnivore Floor Flooring Working animal

·
Administrator
21,783 Posts
Oh yes. It always surprises people new to bitches just how big the vulva swells when in season. It will reduce in size when the season finishes, but never will return quite back to the time before the first season. She is a lady now, no longer a baby.

As to still bleeding at day 15, some will bleed right through, others might stop. (All of mine have bled right through.) Often, but not always the discharge will turn more watery as the season progresses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yes. It always surprises people new to bitches just how big the vulva swells when in season. It will reduce in size when the season finishes, but never will return quite back to the time before the first season. She is a lady now, no longer a baby.

As to still bleeding at day 15, some will bleed right through, others might stop. (All of mine have bled right through.) Often, but not always the discharge will turn more watery as the season progresses.
Thank you! That’s put my mind at rest, I’ve had bitches before but when I was a kid and can’t really remember so maybe they were spayed before season.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
One of mine you can hardly tell when she's in season, but others have swollen up like baboons, all perfectly normal either way. Just keep an eye out for any nasty smells or discharge that looks wrong, first seasons can be quite dark but anything that doesn't look 'normal' keep an eye on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts