Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is 29 days since Tarka's first season started. I have watched her very closely and have counted from when she started bleeding. She bled for 21 days.

Is there anything that I should look for or can I assume that she is finished now? It would be lovely to go for a walk or to the beach again :D

·
Administrator
20,492 Posts
At day29 give her trousers a little wash to remove any lingering scent and take her for a walk in a quiet place. You should be well safe.

Regards, John

·
Administrator
20,492 Posts
I had 24 days in my head and was going to take Tatze out on day 24.
Most seasons finish at around day 21, but some can linger on for up to another week.It's VERY unusual for a season to continue longer that 28 days and if a dog still appears to have a discharge after this point then I'd suspect an infection and suggest a trip to the vet is in order just in case Pyometra has developed.

If everything appears to have finished by day 21 then after washing trousers I start taking to quiet places around the roads on lead for a few days, just to make sure, then it's back to free running, (although I'd aim to avoid other dogs, just in case, until around day 28.)

Regards, John

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
JohnW said:
I had 24 days in my head and was going to take Tatze out on day 24.
Most seasons finish at around day 21, but some can linger on for up to another week.It's VERY unusual for a season to continue longer that 28 days and if a dog still appears to have a discharge after this point then I'd suspect an infection and suggest a trip to the vet is in order just in case Pyometra has developed.

If everything appears to have finished by day 21 then after washing trousers I start taking to quiet places around the roads on lead for a few days, just to make sure, then it's back to free running, (although I'd aim to avoid other dogs, just in case, until around day 28.)

Regards, John
Thanks John!

It's day 21 tomorrow, we have had no drips for a few days now. So I will bath her tomorrow, start the street strolls on Monday and go free running the following Monday.

Hurrah!

She's doing really well on Garden Games only, she's fallen into the new routines brilliantly. Not me!! - I am missing our walks terribly!

·
Administrator
20,492 Posts
Women are never straight forward! :wink: They are all different. I've had bitches who would happily work right through their season as if it was not happening, (Katy) bitches who's work falls to bits a month to 6 weeks before her season starts, (Anna) and bitches who work right up to their season then have a broody 60 days after when there is no point in even trying to work them! (Mandy) Amy did not even want to get out of bed during a season,but was quickly over it afterwards.

Regards, John

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, John. I've been wondering for the last week about it, and then all of a sudden today it is very obvious that its definitely over. I am so looking forward to our walk this afternoon.

Tarka has been very on the ball with her training all the way through, she was whiny for a bit in the middle but thankfully nothing too bad.

Thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts