Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Born Nov 17th, waiting to pick him up in a couple of weeks :)

His name will be Baymax and we're very excited :)

Has a very serious look :)
Is the different head coat color common or will it change growing?

Happy 2021 !!!

·
Administrator
20,904 Posts
Lovely!
Is the different head coat color common or will it change growing?
The colour will change quite a bit as he grows. But coat colour varies depending on the direction you view it. Fur which is laid down will look a different colour to fur which is standing up so viewed from the end rather than the side. :) You will just have to wait a few months to see what the final colour will be.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
It's not unusual to see slight differences in colour with yellows, particularly with the head/ears and on their back. As John has said (and he's always had yellows so has a fair bit of experience) their colour can change as they grow. I've never had a yellow, just the brown variety and more recently a black pup and I don't think there's as much variation in shade with either.

·
Administrator
20,904 Posts
You also get variations with the time of year with yellows! Unlike us they dont get a sun tan, getting darker in summer, the sun bleaches them so they get lighter. Here are 3 photos of Amy, 7 weeks, 14 weeks and 3 years.

Then of course when they get old and grey, Amy at 14 year old

·
Registered
45 Posts
The puppy looks fantastic. Be prepared for a lot of hard work, I’d forgotten how much time and effort they take, but totally worth it. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts