Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Peeps,

I posted the same question the other day, but didn't get chance to check for any answers before the Website Wombles decided to clear up the LabradorForum... so sorry if you replied before.

We've had Molly (mollypup,lollipop!!) for four weeks now but still haven't given her a bath. I'd like to quite soon, but I don't want to traumatise the poor pup... how soon did you bath your pups after you had them? and did it have any lasting effects??!

R x

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Hi

Does she really need a bath? I personally don't bath them unless its really needing done,but I don't think you could put an time limit on it and i shouldn't think it would have any lasting effects on Molly.

I know they sometimes smell if they have been reared in kennels.

Regards Margaret

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi :) We gave Harvey a bath after a week - only because he smelt a bit from the kennels he was from. He's now 6 months and not needed one since.

He loved it :)

Fay

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Shadow is 7 and never had a bath, I don't think. Luckily he doesnt seem big on rolling in sheep poo etc so very rarely smells!! :lol:

·
Registered
462 Posts
hey

my pup was reared in Kennels and ponged a bit when we got him but it seemed to calm down by itself so I didn't bother. The vet advised us not to bath Milo too often so we have only given him two in 5 months - and that was only because he stepped in turd! If I was you, I wouldn't bother unless it's desperation!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Scooby is always rolling in things and taking a dip in the dykes around our land!

He has more than his fair share of baths when this happens. Fox poo does not smell nice at all and he would have to be banished to outside if he didn't get a bath.

I think his first bath was at 8 weeks old, because he was dirty from where I got him from.

He tends to get one about every 3-4 weeks but only when needed. Once he had 2 in one day as he rolled in smelly poo and did the same in the afternoon!

As long as you use proper mild dog shampoo then don't worry too much. Mind my bathrrom takes ages to dry out after he has jumped out and shook himself. I have several towels ready. He quite likes baths and tries to 'dig' in the water. Water flying everywhere, ggo job there's tiles on the wall!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers guys,

I guess half of me just wants to give her a bath to see what will happen! :lol:

She's not very good at letting me groom her at the mo, she thinks that the brush is one of her toys and keeps wanting to bite it - apart from when I use it on her belly and then she loves it!!

Her adult fur has started appearing through all of her lovely fluffy puppy fur - darn it - they grow up so fast :roll:

I'll let you know how we get on!

Rx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts