Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Willow passed her first 6 week course of "Puppy new recruits" gundog training. (YAY!)

The course runs for dogs 6 months- 1year old. We practiced heel work on lead and off lead, recall with distractions, sit/stay, good puppy manners around people and dogs, we also started recall to a whistle and touched on retrieving.

Here are some photographs courtesy of www.riverlilyworkingdogs.co.uk

Enjoying the very cold and damp weather

Willow looking very grown; up where did my puppy go?

Going out for a retrieve

Group shot after our assesment

You may even notice in the last photo...I have been out and bought a green coat!!!!! (My whistle is dayglow pink to even it out and the flowery wellies are here to stay)

I really cant begin to say how positive our experience has been, Abbi and Jon are wonderful trainers and really paitent (particually with little Miss too-much-energy-for-her-own-good-and-likes-to-do-an-impression-of-a-kangaroo)

We cant wait to start puppy cadets in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Green jacket - you yuppy sell out!!!

In going for a retrieve you can see in Willows face and body language she is loving it
Well done
Quite jealous I never followed up my missus wishes to take Judy GDT when she was a pup

Keep up the good work

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Well done!! What a lovely set of pics. I come up to riverlilly a couple of times a year to be a guest trainer so look forward to maybe seeing you then!! Di xx

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Brill. Well done. We start this weekend with Willoughby. At twenty months he is a late starter so I have no idea what he will make of it.
I borrowed some green wellies but will have to make do with my usual dog walking gear which is a mixture of what keeps me warm and dry.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You are both doing brilliantly Claire and it is great that you enjoy it so much. Dis guest trainer days are fantastic and a real learning experience for us all. Make sure you get booked on if you can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts