Labradors Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maya is now 7 months old and, apart from some issues with her tummy and finding the right diet for her…oh and the recall that disappear the moment there’s another dog around, we’ve managed to cope with the normal Labrador puppy behaviours and many of the adolescent ones she’s now exhibiting (think stroppy teenager). However this weekend was her first bonfire weekend (it’s never just one night any more). My two previous labs were not bothered by fireworks but poor Maya started barking every time one went off and pacing and whining. I’d closed the curtains and turned the TV up and used a calming spray on her collar. My poor girl really has had a time of it. The issue now is that she’s started barking at every little noise outside today and every passer by. she hasn’t behaved this way before and I get that the fireworks scared her, but I’m struggling with the barking at any external noise Now and don’t have a clue truthfully about how to stop it happening. I’m going to get an Adaptil Defuser tomorrow to see if that helps as it helped when she was settling in and I have been recommended a behaviourist who may have some advice by other local doggy owners but I wondered if any one here had encountered similar issues and what you did about it?

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Our 3year old had her first Hissy-Moment last week. So I sat in the garden with her and spoke V quietly and told her it was all Blahblahblah - in a v Quiet voice - I gave her a skinny treat we sat in the garden whilst it was kicking off then came in quietly (No Fuss) and sat on the sofa and watched TV - No Probs since - I think we can put our own anxiety onto our dogs - so as long as you are not bothered they wont be either and with Labs a treat for being calm under stress always works for us!!! Hope this helps
Dxx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts