Labradors Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I live in Shropshire (Newport, to be precise) and am not sure where to find the nearest reputable breeder.

I understand that advertising is not allowed, and am not asking for that - I also understand that it is not the best plan to get a pup out of paper adverts.

If anyone can give me a link to find the nearest breeder to us I'd appreciate it. Apologies if I have missed anything.

Cheers. :)

G

·
The Kennel Club should be able to give you a list of accredited breeders for your area, and you are absolutely right, answering an ad in the local paper is not the way to go :D

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Someone might be along who knows of good breeders in your area...

...meantime, you could go on the KC website and look under the 'find a puppy' section. It will show you all the breeders who have KC reg pups advertised. It's not a guarantee that all the breeders will be totally reputable or have carried out all the necessary health checks (see www.lab-health.co.uk), but it's a good start.

I'm not sure if there's a wayon the KC website of pulling up breeders in your area rather than breeders who have current litters though. Maybe the KC or your local Lab breed club would be able to point you in the right direction.

Lots of luck in your search for a pup :D

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Moj said:
I'm not sure if there's a wayon the KC website of pulling up breeders in your area rather than breeders who have current litters though.
You can find the breeders with pups in your area - but not those without pups.

Champdogs is a reliable site and now lists breeders health tests if the breeders choose to submit them

www.champdogs.co.uk

There are a lot of good breeders in and around your area - and remember nearest isn't always best. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of pups on the ground in this area atm - I've turned away quite a few people in the last few days wanting pups NOW 8O

Take your time and ensure everything feels right - don't go rushing into anything.

·
Registered
932 Posts
You might also try looking at the lab clubs. Try Lab club of Wales or West of England Lab club as they often know who has puppies.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi...I used champdogs to find my breeder....they can list the breeders for certain areas, their contact details and health test results. I am now going to pick my pup up in 2 wks and cannot wait. However, depending on when you want your pup, or what sex or colour, it is not always a bad idea to consider travelling a bit further afield for the pup you want :D

Good luck in your search

Heather

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
when we were looking for our second pup we posted a similar thread to yours and we got loads of pm's from members who gave us good advice and info on different breeders and we ended up travelling over 270 to get maisie from sue in wales .......... and i have to say a big thanks to all those that recommended all the different breeders 8) :D we made an excellent choice armed with all the info and maisie is more than we could have ever hoped for :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
15,716 Posts
My pup was from a breeder in Shropshire and he is now 9 months old. I'm not sure when she is having any more litters but I can pass her info onto you if you like.
It also depends what sort of lab you want ie chunky show, or leaner working type. Dudley is very chunky as are all the pups from these kennels.

Please have a look at the www.lab-health.co.uk website first as mentioned above as health checks are so important before breeding.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
xWendyx said:
My pup was from a breeder in Shropshire and he is now 9 months old.
She won't be until next year Wendy (was talking to her yesterday - she asked after you all :wink: ) - but as a result of the show, I know of a litter in the area from a very long standing responsible breeder and also of a few other litters due on the ground soon - PM me if you want details.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all,
Thanks for the replies.

Sue (or anybody), if you could send me an email at josef(dot)[email protected] that'd be great - I haven't subscribed so can't PM! (Dot = . , dont want to get spammed)

Do you think the lab will get on Okay with the Terriers? (Check my other thread for more information)

Cheers,
Joe :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts