Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Thanks for the link :D

I'm sure this will be useful for many members :D

Chel xxx

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
I'm not sure how accurate this is. I looked at the areas I know about and didn't feel that the site gave the whole story. For Whitby it just says "dogs are not allowed on the South end of the beach". Dogs are allowed on the harbour beach but not the larger beach on the northern end of the town. It also says free parking (only if you are extremely lucky!) Hornsea apparently has 2 beaches but when you click on the 2 it zooms into an unidentified bit of sand. I happen to know that the beach by the South Cliff Holiday Park allows dogs but during the summer season dogs aren't allowed on the main stretch of beach.

This site is probably ok as a pointer but you should check before setting out with the local council site to avoid disappointment.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that Coco-Loco. Yes, it's definitely worth checking to make sure the info is still current. I've noticed a few broken links and the review form doesn't work so I wonder if it's still in the making.

I just used this site to explore the St Agnes to St Ives area of Cornwall and found it to be spot on for a number of beaches. It even included beaches that my usual trusty source didn't have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts