Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

We are looking for a new member of our families. We always had labradors in our family and now, me and my wife, since we moved to Cambridge, we miss them. So, we decided to start looking for a strong, health, smart and funny puppy, better chocolate or black. Since we have moved to Cambridge last March we do not know much about labradors breeder here and we would definitely need for advices.

Could you please advice me for a trustable and close breeder to Cambridge?

Best wishes
Maurizio

·
Registered
755 Posts
Champdogs is very good, a real cut above local ads etc.
It never worked out for me though personally, I spent months following the listings there and could never quite find a litter that ticked every box I was looking for. Having said that I did miss out on a couple of promising litters which was my own fault for hesitating, the good ones go very fast!

The Kennel Club website is another good place to start - if you go through their "Find A Puppy" page you can get a list of Labrador breeders with puppies available in your chosen area. They don't give much away though, prior to picking up the phone, so make sure you have done your homework so you can have a meaningful conversation about what health tests they've had done etc.

Do you have any preference for a show bred or working bred lab? If working, try google for “gundog breeders” and you might turn up something of interest. Working doesn't mean you have to work them, they can still be totally awesome pets, but perhaps with a higher than average activity and exercise level!

Don't be scared to cast your net a little wider than the local area though. It's well worth it for the right pup, well bred, and the right set of health scores, available at the right time. A few hours on the road is nothing really when you think about the lifetime of your new family addition!

Are you up to speed on Labrador health tests and stats?
Some good info here to get you started http://www.lab-health.co.uk/tests.html
Best of luck!

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
The original post is a year old. The poster probably has an adult dog by now.

Coco was found via KC website and Griffin from Champdogs. I love that there is so much info on champdogs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts