Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 7 year old Sam has just been diagnosed with fibrosarcoma which is growing rapidy on his upper jaw bone. We have a meeting with the Oncologist on Wednesday 15 January to discuss treatment options. I hope it's not too late. Has any had any experience of this type of cancer in their lab that they could share with me?

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Hi, I'm very sorry to read about your concerns for Sam. I don't thankfully have any experience, but I hope that there are some treatment options offered to you this week.

One thing I will suggest, because it is what I would do with my dogs, is to also seek a referral to a holistic vet, if you feel open to pursuing that avenue. Holistic vets are fully qualified vets in the conventional sense, but have opted to work with homeopathy, herbs, acupuncture etc. and tend to be knowledgeable in diet/supplements. They would work alongside your conventional vet. I can see you're in Scotland, I'm not sure if there is a holistic vet in your area, but I'd be happy to try to help you find one if you were interested. I know this avenue is not always well thought of by conventional vets(!), but thankfully my vets are always happy to refer, even if it's not an avenue they'd take themselves.

You could look into CV247 too, in case that is something that might help in this situation - it's not always suitable. It would need to be prescribed by a vet, but you can read a bit about it here:
http://holisticvet.co.uk/index.php/cv247/ and you'll find more links if you google CV247.

I'd also be giving my own dogs healing (Reiki), which is something else for you to consider, if you feel so inclined.

I hope things go as well as possible this week. Please come back and update us if you can :grouphuuug:

M

·
0 Posts
Hi, our Marley had a sarcoma. It was in his soft palate, but he had part of his jaw removed. If I can be of any help at all, let me know. At this stage I would just say, listen to what the options are, but remember you know Sam best and what he can and cant cope with when it comes to treatment.

The best advice I can give other than that, is join this forum as a member. Everyone helped me through every step of the way and sometimes the people on here were the only ones I could share with.

Jayne x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts