Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maisie is a 4 month old yellow lab, we got her from the breeder at 9 weeks and she was being fed on beta puppy. She was doing fine on that up until a few weeks ago when she all of a sudden went off it, we switched to James well beloved (dry) and again she loved it but after a week or so she also turned away from it. Out of desperation to get her to eat we tried her on pedigree puppy tinned food, she is now happily eating this but her bowels are affected, she has gone from very runny poos last week to being constipated today :-(. I've called the vet for advice and they have suggested liquid paraffin for 24 hrs to see if that helps. Other than straining when trying to go she is showing no other worrying syptoms so far

Not sure what I'm really asking, just wondering if anyone has any similar experience, is she just fussy? Or does she have a very sensitive tummy?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

·
Administrator
20,497 Posts
Going off of two foods I have to wonder if maybe you are slightly over feeding. I think I would cut the amount slightly.All dogs requirements are different and what is an ideal amount for one can be too much for another.

Regards, John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts