Labradors Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I was just thinking about Famous Labs e.g. those 'stars' in the public eye! Here are the ones I came up with:-

Endal - Wonderful dog brought to my attention by this site

The Andrex Puppy - wonder how many there have been over the years? Where do they hold auditions?! And would any of our labs just walk around with the paper instead of ripping it to shreads?!

Bouncer - Gorgeous yellow lab from 'Neighbours'.

Lycos - The black lab that graces the Lycos web services.

Buddy Clinton - Chocolate, former presidential pooch, famously neutered by the man who once led the free world in the ways of free love.

Widgeon - Prince William's black Labrador companion.

Lucy and then Sadie - David Blunkett's guide dogs. Just found out they are half-sisters (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/2689459.stm)

Can you think of any more?

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Nicola,

What a lot of famous Labs there are!! :D

Apparently, the first dog to ever appear on a U.S stamp was the famous black Lab, 'King Buck'.

I'm sure there must be many more i'll keep on thinking.

Julie

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

The only other lab I can think of is Boodie (think thats how you pronounce it) Who is Lord Baths yellow lab at Longleat. (I watch too much animal park!) :)

Cristina & Ben

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hi
Re Andrex Puppies. Agencies responsible for finding puppies for the advert ring around breeders to see if there are any litters(must be yellow) around age aobut six weeks. The owners then just take a whole litter or maybe two litters,to the film studios to make the advertisement. You may think there is only one puppy, but there are several used for one advert.

Re another black Labrador , perhaps not very famous, but Ben Fogle's black bitch Inca who was featured on the Island of Taransay some four years ago, and is seen sometimes on Country File.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maxsmum said:
i can think of loads of famous labs.
all the little darlings we write about on here each day :lol:
Hi Jane

That goes without saying! lol! All our labs are big stars!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Didn't the Group Captain in the film Dam Buster's (and in real life) have a black lab called, ulp, ******? (not a verypc name!) I remembed crying when i first saw the film and ****** got run over and killed while his owner was flying the mission over the dams :cry:

Cheers,

Paul & Shadow

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Paul

You're right there - check out this link on IMDB for some trivia relating to that http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046889/trivia

Also just remembered that David Brent on the Office had a black lab, though I think it was a cross. Just remember him walking through the Office with it after he had been sacked and people actually being pleased to see him for a change just because he had this lovely dog!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Thanks for that Nicola, wasn't sure if it was my memory playing tricks with the Lab's name! I don't think Liz has ever believed me about a black lab called ******, so I showed her the website that you mentioned - needless to say she believes me now. Being one of my favourite films, I wanted to call Shadow ******, but Liz wouldn't let me. Imagine shouting across the fields and woods " ******, come here" :shock: Not very pc!!!

Cheers

Paul & Shadow

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Yes,Julia is a very good breeder of labradors, and has been a great help to me with dylan's ocd, as she has a huge amount of knowledge and will give any help she can, and her labbies are fantastic too.Lynne.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Barney and Sparky

Famous Labradors?

Well how about Sparky the labrador from Kurt Vonnegut's book Breakfast of Champions

He lost his tail (Sparky that is not Kurt Vonnegut!) in an automobile accident and had no way of showing other dogs how friendly he was and so had to fight all the time.

Oh...Ahem... and how about that famous black labrador Barney who stars in the award nominated book Shakespeare My Butt!

I understand the author is a very nice chap too! :wink: oh...it's me!

www.marsupialelvis.com Shakespeare My Butt!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts