Labradors Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked my 9 mo. old up from the kennel Wednesday where he had been for the past two weeks, and when we got home I noticed that he had some yellowish-white discharge from his left eye. I didn't really think much of it and wiped it away. But now it's two days later and he's still got gunk leaking out. I doesn't seem to bother him and everything else seems to be Ok. The kennel never mentioned anything about it, so I'm not sure how long it's been draining or if they just didn't think it was a big deal. Anybody have any idea on what might be causing it and if so, what I might be able to do about it?

thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sounds like it might be a bit of conjunctivitis - we've had constant problems with it! Take him to the vet so they can check it out - they will probably give him some eye drops, which usually clear it up within a couple of days.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I was doing some checking around on the internet and that's what all the signs pointed to.

coco

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi All,

Sounds like our lab Bradley might have this too, he's had the same discharge for a few days now, anyone know if the eye drops suitable for this condition are available 'over the counter' rather than the vet?

Thx Julie

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Shadow also has had a slight clear discharge from his left eye for the last few weeks. We had to take him to the vets for a checkup on his hip and asked the vet to have a look - turns out he has asmall wart in the corner of his eye (nearest the bridge of his nose). Not causing shadow any discomfort and too small an op. to warrant putting Shadow out for on it's own. We just have to wipe it with a damp paper towel when it 'leaks' - usually when he's been out last thing at night.

Cheers,

Paul & Shadow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts