Labradors Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently met another lab owner on the beach who said her lab had, that morning, taken a fancy to her digital camera memory card. While sympathising with her I felt rather smug as Harvey had never destroyed anything of any value

Silly me!. While loading him back in the car I noticed he had exercised his chewing abilities at some time by trying to eat the rear seat belt, the full consequence of which only came to light yesterday when I was quoted £130 for a new one in order to get through the MOT! :roll:

What mischief has your Lab done that has made a big dent in your wallet? :wink:

Cheers
Nigel

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Where shall i start with dylan,the dining room table & chairs, the wall unit the old computer he chewed up,my car,the stereo the headboard in one of the spare bedrooms(he had been put in there for being naughty)the landing and stairs carpet, plaster from a couple of walls, the garden bench ,10 fence panels in the garden a camera,the tv remote about 6 sky remotes and 2 phones with answer machines,countless mats, some lladro which i bought while living in germany and they are just the major things he has been a huge handfull but thankfully after his op he is becoming a different dog,we still have our moments but the main thing is that whatever he has done we are still to-gether through thick or thin.I will not give up on him, after all they are just things you can replace sooner or later, my rewards from dylan will be worth much more than some furniture etc etc,so when you look at your labbies sleeping just be thankfull they are not another dylan.Lynne.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
After reading that Lynne, i am thankful the most Ben has done is chew up the odd shoe!!!!! Of course Dylan could have just been redesigning your house to his own tastes :lol:

Take care

Cristina & Ben

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi all

The most expensive for us so far is a few carpet tiles in the kitchen - still, our fault for not sticking them down properly!

He has also done a lot of damage to the skirting board, which I guess isn't too bad in itself, except for the fact that we rent our house and need to get that kind of thing fixed so that we get our deposit back if we move!
Still, they did let us have a dog!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Gosh, I think I'm really lucky with Scooby after reading this.

He only chews things he is given, although he is in his crate when I am out (not very often) and at night.

He did once chew up a couple of envelopes I was just about to go out and post!!

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Shadow was quite the destructor as a pup: skirting boards, back door, kitchen cupboards, a camera, 2 x plastic beds, a camera, countless slippers and knobs off the washing machine!!

Cheers,

Paul & Shadow

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dylan sounds just like Rufus. He has happily chewed the dinig room table and 2 chairs, the corners on all the skirting boards in the conservatory, plaster from the walls, carpet, wallpaper and an old pair of slippers! (which he has now claimed as a bedroom toy)

Apart from that he has been a little diamond!!!! :wink:

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Hi rufusmum,please tell rufus i love him, i knew there would be another dylan somewhere it was just a matter of time before it came to light, and whatever they do they are still our babies and we love them to bits.Lynne.

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
well the most damage brandy has done was when she was about 16months we shut her in the kitchen with tessa while we went shopping and when we came back i went straight to the kitchen to let them out (there is no door just a stair gate) and i thought hold on something looks different 8O brandy had only pulled our electric cooker away from the wall and it was in the middle of the room.she had also chewed the electric cable wich was connecting it to the wall :lol: :lol: :lol: we had to get a electrician out to come fix it he was shocked (scuse the joke) that she never died or got a shock herself ..lol..since then we have never locked them up..lol..

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Claire, that reminded me of Shadow - we came home one day, I opened the door into the kitchen and could hear a buzzing noise. Looked down and saw the cable for the fridge/freezer which had been hooked up out of his way (or so we thought!) almost completely chewed through, buzzing and sparking! We had to get a sparky to change the cable. I couldn't believe that Shad hadn't got a bad shock. He just sat there looking pleased with himself!

Cheers,

Paul & Shadow

·
Registered
33 Posts
Labs eating habits

I can beat all that!!!!!

Guinness who is now nearly four has eaten in his time,..... 4 mobile phones, two house phones, two digital cameras, four rugs, so many pairs of shoes I've lost count, a £50 jasmin plant, a toaster and a pair of hand made italian leather mules, that were locked in my wardrobe. Most of the things eaten were hubbies and they were all his fault as he leaves stuff where the dogs can get them. Phoebe our yellow lab is twelve months old and has eaten the plaster in the kitchen twice , some shoes ( of hubbies) a mobile phone she nicked from my handbag which was on a coat rack and about 4ft off the floor, the cable of the fridge freezer and also the cable of a dyson... both of which were plugged in!!!!

Don't you just love them!!! Just waiting to see what little Diesel can come up with to top all that!

Tracey

G

·
Corries list starts with taking plaster off the kitchen walls, chewing his way though two sets of carpet tiles in the kitchen, chewing the legs and the backs of four kitchen chairs, he has chewed shoes, clothes and tea towels.

Oh and the best day he had was when he managed to shut himself in my sisters bedroom when we lived together. I came home from work and no Corrie to greet me - went upstairs and opened my sisters bedroom door and there was this mischievous 18 month old labrador standing in the middle of my sisters double bed with clothes scattered all around him, a chewed hatbox lying in pieces, and he had a shoe in his mouth and was wagging his tail as if to say 'Mum, I have had a great time'!!! Didn't I just know it - had a lot of explaining to do to my sister when she got home from work!

·
Registered
676 Posts
oh wow, after reading this is there really any point in continuing with the decorating if i can look forward to this... better not let hubby see... he doesnt need any more excuses.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi all

We're definitely putting off any decorating (sorry, repair work!) in our kitchen until Smudge is a bit older!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi all...

After reading all ur posts....i'm having doubts if frodo is a LABRADOR..... :lol: :lol: ...he's been with me for 2 & half months and "NOT" destroyed anything..... :D :D

Warm Regards
Vidhya

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
max normally goes for clothes. i dont think ive got a jacket left that hasnt got a chewed spot somewhere. shoes he doesnt chew he just tries to bury them in the garden. up untill he was about 6 months it was skirting boards door frames and carpets oh and pillows. hes now at the crafty stage. he will sit by the corner off the table which just happens to jump into his mouth looking very innocent while trying to knaw without me noticing :lol:

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
Blimey i feel so priviledged that Hershey was and is such a good boy towards chewing things the only things he has chewed was the arial off my phone, a cushion and a t shirt....

Vidyha I too think hershey may have fooled me into thinking he is a labrador too hehe :lol: :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts