Labradors Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was Winston training lesson last night!!
and i over done it on Sunday night (catching up with an old friend, anf i hardly drink so 3/4 bottle of wine later, i wasnt feeling that great :oops: ) with the Wine so i was hungover and didnt work as well as i could!
Now i was told at the start of the course that it would be hard as Winston is a FULL male! and will have the action spand of a Nat!! :lol: Poor boy!
The week before i thought i was making progress with him. We did all our homework all week and his stays where really good but his heel work was crap!! :( and i am trying so hard with it!! (maybe to hard)
I know it was my fault (trainer somehow thought he was doing better than the week before) I find it hard to say WINSTON instead of Win-ston and then i was getting all my words mixed up!! Which was hard the problem!
One of the helpers at dog training said she thought i was very FLAT :oops: and she wondered where our bond was this week - :( Winston normaly doesnt take his eyes off me and last night he didnt really seemed to care what i was doing!! I think he was shamed of me!
So my hungover state really ruined it all for Winston!! OOO the shame i feel this morning!! :oops:
I dont think Winnie really cared because he loves training but i just found it so hard to control him!!
O well beter luck next week!! we have loads of things to work on this week!! I made a promise to Winston that i would never be hungover at training again!! I wont let him down again!
Any one got any extra tips on Heel work!! I tired... heel and turn reward and heel turn and walking backwards when he goes to far and pulls on the lead... ive also tried sitting and then walk... sit if he pulls etc!
I know ill get there but i really want to improve more this week than ever!
So i dont feel cross :evil: with myself again next week! I hate letting Winston down!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
winston wont care

with training u will go back for each step forward stick with it one day will all fall into place

do some training at home between training sessions

good luck

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yep, have felt like that a few times in compitition, if fact one judge said to me.... (Quote..What a lovely bitch, shes lovely, shame about the handler).

As they deducted me 4 points.

So yep I have let my dogs down a few times.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts